iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Meeting a FF member

Started by Bruno of NH, July 13, 2017, 05:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

On my way back from dropping my bands off to get sharpened in Belmont NH I stopped at A&P Sawmill.
Pete has invited me to stop in many times and haven't had the chance to stop until today.
Pete was with a customer so his grandson Jake showed me around and told me how the edger worked.
We had a great talk about many things and how his operation worked.He has a great set up.
I watched him and Jake mill up a couple of pine logs for an order they worked together like clock work .
It was nice to see the WM saw some wood and i picked up lots of good ideas for my set up.
Thanks Pete and Jake It was great to meet you both.
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

campwags

Bruno, who sharpens your blades in Belmont?  That's not far from my place and I have not had any blades sharpened yet.  I still have a full box of blades to go but don't want to wait until I am out.
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

Peter Drouin

It was good to see you today, Stop by any time. ;)

campwags, I think it's on Brown hill.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

YellowHammer

I'm sure it was an excellent visit and watching saw was very informative.

Congrats
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

pinefeller

mq sharp is nearby good guys, they sharpen basically anything dull lol
for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

thecfarm

I met that guy a few times.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!