iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 020AV

Started by btwil, February 14, 2012, 10:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btwil

I need a fuel line for a Stihl 020AV-anybody know who has parts for this old saw?

thanks!

AdkStihl

I just changed an 020AV fuel line for a buddy.....PITA  >:(

PN# 1114 358 7700

Check with Chainsawr
J.Miller Photography

T Welsh

btwil, stihl should still be able to get them,I doubt if they would have it in stock. the part# that AdkStihl is a good part number #1114 358 7700. so give your dealer a call tell them the model and ask them to look it up and then ask for the part # and see if it matches the ones we gave you. some times these get crossed over to a newer model and will still work fine. when you go to change it make sure its warm and real slippery with oil,they can tear real easy when pulling them through the tank to the carb. I just broke one on a cold morning on a 024 and had to buy another one. Tim

btwil

thanks for all the good advice. was able to order the part as you both suggested from Chilton Saw in Nashville and plan to install on Saturday, will make sure the part is warm and lubricated!

Al_Smith

:D Oh the infamous Stihl 020AV .In no way confused as it often is with the 020T .

There are easy saws to work on such as the McCulloch 10 series and Stihl 028-038-042-048 ,020 and 200T . Then there those which  can test anyones patience .These are the Mini Macs ,Xl-2 Homelites and the Stihl 020 AV .

Best of luck,take a chill pill before you start.

sawguy21

I am glad I am not the only one that ever cussed at an 020AV or Mini-Mac. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

The 020AV is a trooper ,nearly bullet proof also a tough old nut to crack into .I've had to just walk away from them to chill out .Even the guys at the dealerships aren't fond of wrenching on them .

In defense  of the things Stihl built them tough as wang leather but they certainly didn't take into considering ease of repairing them .There's more than several sitting on shelves as I type with nothing more than carbs that need rebuilt .

There ya go,tote one off to the shop at 65 bucks an hour labor and parts and end up dumping 200 in a saw worth  150 tops .Those saws will probabley be shelf queens for some time to come .

Thank You Sponsors!