iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

up date on the production on our new job

Started by timberjack97, June 09, 2012, 12:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

DDDfarmer no the air ride not working when the pic was taken, but its fix now. all is good :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Woodchuck53

Peter what does a load like that weigh? Do all three axles pull?
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

BaldBob

[quote
Is it just me or is the truck buckled behind the cab?
[/quote]

It may just be the angle of the pic, but it sure looks buckled to me too.

timberjack97

hey guys   talked  to some logging companies today and they said they  pay their logging  crews   110  a thousand  bf  doyle scale  for  cuting and skidding into the landing  how does that sound to pay the guy with his own skidder

Jeff

I must have got way out of touch the last 6 years if those numbers are right.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

timberjack97

hey jeff could you give me a call sometime i would like to talk to you thanks

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Woodchuck53 on June 22, 2012, 01:07:57 PM
Peter what does a load like that weigh? Do all three axles pull?
Im not sure on the gvw not my truck , the last set of wheels are not under power just helpers.  :D.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Woodhauler

Will you guys stop answering his stupid ?s!!!!!   Can't you tell he is some kid that has nothing?  If he has been around as long vas he says he has he would have some clue on what to do.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

beenthere

Woodhauler
It may just seem that way, but also seems we could give him the benefit of the doubt. Don't need to answer his questions if you don't want to, IMO. 
Does appear that he is looking for some answers, and likely others will benefit from the discussions that prevail or the thoughts that his questions and the responses bring to mind.
It's a forum.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodhauler

We have gave him the benifit of the doubt,and the ?s are still the same! People tried to help! If you think he is legit then ok. Just go back and read all his posts from the start!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Ed_K

Peter,good thing you said "not my truck" I'd tell you not to cross into southern Vt. the dot has been on the log truckers for 3 mo. $4600.for one.
Ed K

Peter Drouin

Ed-K I know all the guys that hall for me say the dot is out of hand. they stop all the trucks even the small one tons too. because they don't let you go till they find some thing some will leve a lite out . ( something easy for them to find) so the guys can go on they way. Its all a joke . sad in a way :(
A&P saw Mill LLC.

timberjack97

hey  wood hauler  if you dont think i m real why dont you call me and talk to me and i ll prove it to you how does that sound to you i have been in bussiness   since  1994  !

Mark K

I get paid 150 per thousand to cut, skid and buck. But we have to have workmens comp, liability and disability to work for the mill. State jobs pay a little higher. We are required to be certified to log on state lands.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

jcbrotz

Quote from: timberjack97 on June 24, 2012, 12:57:18 PM
hey  wood hauler  if you dont think i m real why dont you call me and talk to me and i ll prove it to you how does that sound to you i have been in bussiness   since  1994  !

Sorry Man But you should be in a little better place as to knowing how much to pay. I would personally say the only way to pay would be by production. I am not sure of your operating cost only you are! You need to know how much you are spending, and how much you are making to know how much YOU can  pay. I can  only say that the guy running your timberco needs to either learn how to run it or get the lead out and make you hire another skidder cuz 1 skidder and a machine like that are NOT a match. You would be better off paying the guy to cut with a chainsaw if that is all the wood he is cutting. I out. good luck!
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Woodhauler

Quote from: timberjack97 on June 24, 2012, 12:57:18 PM
Well ole boy if you have been logging since 1994 you shouldn't need to ask such ?s!!!! 

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

jd540b

barbender

18 years in the woods, Woodhauler has a point. He's calling your hand. I don't want to be rude, but things don't add up. It all makes for a good discussion either way ::)
Too many irons in the fire

Woodhauler

Quote from: barbender on June 24, 2012, 08:10:04 PM
18 years in the woods, Woodhauler has a point. He's calling your hand. I don't want to be rude, but things don't add up. It all makes for a good discussion either way ::)
Happy Bday!!! 

barbender

Hey thanks Woodhauler! Hey Timberjack, what pitch bar and chain are you running on your Timbco?

Jeff

That chocolate chip muffin sure looks good.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WH_Conley

I knew it would come sooner or later. All threads turn to food eventually.
Bill

clww

:D :D :D
I was just thinking the same thing, too!!!
Happy Birthday To You, barbender.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

barbender

Thanks guys!  Here's a bit of a funny story.  My given name is Burton Alger, Jr., Burt for short. When I was a little guy, 5 or so (before I could read) I thought birthday was Burt-day, you know, a special day for Burt. Then when it was my dad, Burt Sr's Burt-day it made sense, but why did my sister Aimee have a Burt-day party too? Why wasn't it Aimee-day? Well, when I learned to read (2 years ago ;D) I discovered it was birth-day, not Burt-day. The world made a lot more sense after that, but I must admit it was a bit of a let down :)

Thank You Sponsors!