iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wack of logs

Started by Quebecnewf, March 06, 2016, 03:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andries

With all that snow and wind, would it make for hard packed drifts?
Sounds like you're piling up a good amount of wood though!
Is it mostly firewood or for milling?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Quebecnewf

The winter started of ad but it has been pretty good lately.
We are finished cutting for this season. Approx 625 logs to saw so that is good for us.
We went this morning to pickup the last few logs we have to haul. Sunny here and a beautiful day.

Here we are loading up on the hill near where we cut the logs

Another's angle we cut the logs in the woods you see in the background. That's approx 1000 logs we have cut in this area in the last two winters

View at the mill this morning . As you can see we are just dumping the logs of the sleighs and not piling them much at all. Bit of a shambles but we will move them around a bit when we get the ATV going.
Going to start sawing next week I think.
Heading back in now for another two loads. Too nice a day to stay indoors.
Quebecnewf

Kbeitz

Sure is a different life... I'm watchen my grass grow and hearing the frogs...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Quebecnewf

No grass growing here yet and you won,t hear a frog ever. -9 C here this morning and sunny. Looking at the forcast and I see we have another blizzard forcast for Tue. The weather is going to change soon I see long range we have rain forcast for Fri and Sat.

Years ago we used to drive snowmobiles up into the last of April but now by the middle of April it's normally all done. We have very little Snow  this year so a few mild days and there will be a big change on the land. The ice in the lakes and rivers will last many weeks yet.

With little snow around the mill we should be able to use the ATV early to shuffle logs around. Sawing season for me will start in a few days . I have a couple guys who have brought logs to be sawed to the mill. Will do those first so they can bring the lumber home by snowmobile. Easier for them .

Quebecnewf

Thank You Sponsors!