iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Frame Guild Seminar in Colorado

Started by JoeyLowe, August 27, 2004, 06:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyLowe

Looks like I'm going to take another plunge in Sept. too.  I'll be attending a joinery and design seminar at Pingree Park, Colorado the week of 09/12/04-09/17/04, followed by our own seminar the week of 09/21/04.  I should be really confused by the end the month now.  ;D

Just for info, for the past few weeks, I've been working with Jim Rogers to design my shop and getting ready for the basic timer frame seminar.  I'm telling you guys, he is the real deal.  If he knows the answer, he readily shares it and probably has a few suggestions too.  If he doesn't know the answer, he seeks it out and gets it to you quickly.  I know I sound like his personal cheerleader, but I'm telling ya, if you don't recognize and utilize this asset, you are missing out on learning a whole lot.  8)
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Mongo

Joey,

Where exactly is Gilmer? You mentioned you were holding a seminar (on TF-ing? Any details?) on the 21st. As you can see, I'm a displaced Mainer (aka Mainiac) and the place of my displacement at the moment just happens to be SE Texas :)   Actually living in Pasadena at the moment, but would probably be travelling from the Beaumont area (I have a feeling my Dad might be quite interested too...)

Jim_Rogers

Here is some info:
Hi all,

A basic timber frame and joinery class to be held in Gilmer, Texas.  The instructor would be our own Jim Rogers and I will allow him the opportunity to lay out the actual course curriculum.  

We would like to keep the class size limited to no more than ten people.  The tuition would include actual hands-on instruction and a text book to take home with you.  We figure that in order to cover costs, the tuition is $250.00 for total training time of 5 days.

Gilmer is located in the Piney Woods of East Texas.  Situated about 20 miles north of Longview, 60 miles southwest of Texarkana and about 125 miles due east of Dallas, Texas.  Being a small town, Gilmer has plenty to offer.  The town square has several restaurants and shops to take up any of your leisurely time.  Our local hotels offer all of the amenities you could ever need and you are just minutes away from larger cities that could accommodate any of your needs.
I would host the seminar at my place and there is plenty of room so no one would feel cramped.

If you are interested, please post a response here are send myself or Jim Rogers a message via this forum. Thanks for inquiries.

Hope this helps.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

JoeyLowe

Hey Mongo:

We aren't terribly for from Beaumont.  Gilmer is located in NE Texas.  Drop me a private message and I'll send you the details.
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Mongo

Joey,

I see from the previous post that it's a 5 day seminar.  While I'd love to attend, I can't commit to that so wouldn't feel comfortable asking to reserve a space.

Might here from me the day before it begins though asking if there's room for 1 or 2 more! :)

Jim_Rogers

Mongo:
You can walk in the day the class starts.
Bring cash.
Read the book by Jack Sobon "Build a Classic Timber Frame House" and bring it and your tools with you.
Walk-ins are welcome and we'll have plenty of timbers to be cut.
If you register now I'll send you a copy of the book right away.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!