iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 3120

Started by lmbeachy, December 09, 2008, 08:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmbeachy

Run across this today, don't know if anybody is interested. The local Husky dealer had a tree service come into his place and order a 3120 Husky. The tree service had a large tree along a street that needed to be cut down. The tree service did not really want to do it so they gave a high bid on the job. Nobody else wanted to do it either. In order to do the job the tree service ordered the 3120. The day they started to do the work, they had the road closed down with the State Police there to keep people and cars away. They started to cut the tree and about half way thru the saw blew up. They were unable to finish the job, so the dealer called Husky and had another 3120 overnighted in to finish the work. The dealer returned the saw to Husky, which rebuilt the saw and sent it back to the dealer and charged him for it. He now has a factory rebuilt 3120 that has never cut a tree down and he wants to get rid of it. He told me that he would consider an offer between $1,300 and $1,400. Not sure, but that doesn't sound like to bad a price to me, however, I have a 066 Sthil that I like and could not justify a new 3120. Just thought I let you all know about it.
hotfoot

sawguy21

Is he offering a new saw warranty? That is awfully close to a new one out of the box.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Rocky_J

That isn't a "desperate to sell" price, that's a "leave it on the shelf till somebody gives me what I have to get" price. He might get some interest at about $1K.

lmbeachy

that seems to be the common response, I really didn't know what the price should be. The dealer told me the list price is over $1,600. I certainly don't lose anything by him leaving it on the shelf. Just passing it on.
hotfoot

jpgreen

Lordy the price on those saws has gone up.  I paid between $700- $800 for mine 10 years ago. I guess that's about right...  :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

backwoods sawyer

If you are willing to buy three at a time, you can get the new version of the 372 for $800 each out here. That is only $20 off each. 
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!