iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hot Buttered Rum

Started by fstedy, December 12, 2017, 02:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fstedy

Thought I should bump this back up as Tis The Season. This is a special recipe I developed, its made at Christmas and will refridgerated last for several months. Its great at get togethers, with that special someone or when you come in from that cold day of sawing.

HOT BUTTERED RUM

BUTTER 1 lb.      MELTED                10X SUGAR  1 lb.

DARK BROWN SUGAR 1 lb.              VANILLA ICE CREAM 1 QT. SOFTENED

CINNAMON 1 TBS.                  NUTMEG 1 tsp.

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS WELL,  THIS IS YOUR BASIC MIX AND WILL KEEP REFRIGERATED FOR SEVERAL MONTHS.

INDIVIDUAL DRINKS,  ABOUT 2-3 Heaping TBS OF MIX (TO YOUR TASTE)  IN A MUG OR GLASS, 1 ½  OZ. CAPTAIN MORGAN SPICED RUM AND TOP OFF WITH VERY HOT WATER  ENJOY.

PARTY BATCHES IN A 4 QT. CROCK POT 3 CUPS OF MIX, 2 CUPS OF CAPTAIN MORGAN SPICED RUM AND TOP OFF WITH HOT WATER.

I USUALLY MAKE A DOUBLE BATCH USING A HALF GALLON OF BRYERS VANILLA ICE CREAM ( BREYERS  MAKE THE BEST MIX FOR MY TASTE) IT KEEPS WELL AND DOES MAKE A NICE GIFT FOR SPECIAL PEOPLE

I hope you enjoy this, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year

ED
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawguy21

I might just have to try that ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

1938farmall

Anybody got a similar "Tom & Jerry" recipe they would recommend?
aka oldnorskie

drobertson

Don't drink from the bottle very often, but, I would be more inclined to fix some caramel brownies, and poor the Capt, over ice, and watch a movie,, but that recipe sounds good,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!