iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What year is my McCulloch Super 250?

Started by JD110, July 08, 2016, 12:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD110

My wife has bought me a old McCulloch Super 250 saw for $75. I've been trying to find out what year it is for the last week. The ID tag reads model 600100, serial 12-16163. Can some help me with this. It has a yellow top instead of black.

dougand3

Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Al_Smith

McCulloch for some reason periodically changed the colors.Then too it might be a Canadian version assuming that model might have been made in Canada.They even got the bright idea to use the infamous "flat back" carb on some instead of the tried and true Tillotson model  HL .That's  just McCulloch being McCulloch .

To make matters worse from model to model they couldn't even figure what side to put the pull rope ,righty or lefty .

Funny thing is you could take half a dozen of the same displacement,disassemble them,throw the parts in a big pile and randomly reassemble .Probably get 3 or 4 with the wrong parts that would work and have a starter on both sides which would be very strange .Old Macs,gotta love em . ;D

JD110

Thanks a for the info. I was wondering if it was a Canadian version or maybe ordered for a logging company. Yes it does have the flatback carburetor on it. But the saw starts on the first pull just like my 1-40 with the Tillotson HL carburetor does. Thanks again for your help.

Thank You Sponsors!