iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going on a Mission trip

Started by Wallys World, July 06, 2013, 12:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

Our local chuech association, Lynchburg Baptist Association (LBA) are leaving tomorrow afternoon for a six day trip to Nicklesville, Virginia. There are 37 of us going. My truck (I probably should have took the Ford diesel, more room) is packed tight with tools. We will be working in that area putting a new floor in a mobile home, chain link fencing around a cematary, repairing a gabel end and painting a house and a couple of more projects. I have been requested to bring my locksmith tools to do some rekeying at the place most of us are staying. It is a 90's nursing home conveted to bunk rooms, living area, kitchen, and dining area. We went to the same area last year and had a real good time. We have our own cooking crew that fixes all our meals (my wife is on that), the "Kingdom of GOD band" which will be going out to nursing homes etc. to play, and the "Kingdom Builders" which have a crew cab dually with a 18 foot trailer loaded with tools. The cooking crew is leaving today so they will be all ready when we get there tomorrow afternoon. It is only about a four hour ride from Lynchburg to there. We hope to have a good productive week helping others!
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

Wow, 37 of you!  that's a good recipe for gett'n it done,  Hope you all have a great time,  stay safe,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I wish you and your group the best.  Those trips are very rewarding and the folks that you help so appreciative.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Wallys World

Had a good week in Nicklesville so far. Put a cemetary fence up (229 feet), helped put a trailer floor in, rekyed the buiding we are staying in (all the outside doors), went to install a door in a closet in a trailer, but we couldn't make it small enough without destroying the door. I went to "Ronnies' house where I worked last year to see him and see the progress the our all girl crew did on painting the house, coating the deck, and replacing the railing and pickets. They did a great job. Heading back to Lynchburg tomorrow morning.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

beenthere

What? Without pics?  Hmmm... no pics, didn't happen..  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!