iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Changes Changes Changes

Started by Jeff, October 13, 2002, 09:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

If you have hung out here long enough you know by now that I can't leave stuff alone. ;D

First our main page has had a face lift and some additions. A new google search that searches the forestry forum server or the web. It does not search the forum messages, but it searches the image gallery and all other pages outside of the forum topics. Did you know that right now google has indexed 675 pages on the forestry forum and that does NOT count the forums? Bet you have not seen em all. I have been having fun searching different words on it this morning. I am very surprised at what turns up sometimes.:)

The drop down menu is the biggest addition. I am still sorting out how it should be organized. I really could use some suggestions on that. The menu will also appear on the top of every forum page.

I have added a sponsors box on the main page too. The forum has no adds but our sponsors will be recognized here and there on the forum in thanks of thier support. I am sure you have noticed that.

Remember that you can customize your left side bar by clicking on the little bitty link to the left that says Customize your info. These links will also appear on the hompage of the forum. This way you can use the forum as a Start page for your internet and at a touch go to your favorite sites.

The Forestry Forum belongs to all of you, so I  would EXPECT you to comment on changes if you dont like them (or if you do, that would be nice too.) and I would EXPECT you to give me your input on things that need changed or additions you would like to see.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Like those kind of orders eh Bib. Me too. :D

I wish Tammy would say "I am ordering you to tell me what to do!"

Don't think thats goona happen. ::)

Bro. Noble

Jeff,

You kids-----never satisfied with the status quo.  Won't give the old guys any peace------always trying to make us learn something new !

I really like the new look and don't know how you come up with the time and ideas for all the additions and improvements that you make.

One thing that I could do without is the menu on every page.  It,s a good idea except that everytime I go from on thread to another it takes a few seconds to build the menu.  It may just be my old computer and it's no big deal anyway, just a minor annoyance.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

We could have just a link to the main page and its menu. I thought for convenience sake the menu at the top of each page was the way to go.

Lets here more on this, if ya'll feel its not neccesary I will just put a link to the main page. Majority rules. I can always add it later if we decide its needed, ir I can take it away if its an annoyance.

I was planning on adding a drop down with a link to each forum category on that so you could go anywhere form one spot.

Jeff

I usually don't do stuff just for pretty sake. Its usually for function. Its like you MO. Folks. You get married and build a 3 bedroom house. Well, about the time the 9th kid rolls in you gotta build more rooms and dig a bigger hole for the outhouse. ;D

Kevin

You`re asking me?
Are you asking me?
Well, if you`re asking me, I think it needs a lot more work!

Jeff

DanG I keep forgetting about you.   Everybody but soo boy

Bibbyman

I think I'm about ready to make the Forestry Forum my home page.  

Thanks Jeff for all the hard work you do and the hours you put in.  

Now go do something with your family ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Thinking about it? ??? :)

If you are not sure how to make the Forestry forum your home, or start page and would like to do so I have put together a tool to make it easy.

Go Here

Tillaway

Aye Captn.. the site looks good to me...aarrrr.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

woodman

Change did you change something  I just found the news. I'm old and it takes me time to catch up.  ;)
Jim Cripanuk

Thank You Sponsors!