iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ponsse support in southern new england? valmet? timbco?

Started by George Jones, June 04, 2015, 07:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Jones

Hi guys,
Im looking to buy a forwarder in western mass.  The ponsse machines look great and they seem to be very popular in the midwest, but i dont know of any out here.  Is there any support on these machines in this area?  Also wondering about Valmet, I know there are a bunch of these around, who works on them around here?  And I've always loved the design of the timbco/timberpro forwarders, theyre probably too big for me, but Im also wondering if there is support for these machines around here.
Making the jump to electric over hydraulic from a 1980 deere 640 cable machine is daunting, I feel like I need to have someone i can call that understands these machines and can come to me on short notice.  I know deere cat and timberjack have good support around here, but would like to be able to broaden the scope of my search if possible.
Thanks! 

Jhenderson

1st and most important is be sure it's a North American machine. Imported European equipment is considered grey market and is very hard to get parts for and many dealers won't even try.Chadwick-Baross is a Ponsse dealer, although the Bangor store is probably the main location. Valmet is now Komatsu. Not much support there. Del Fab Inc in Gladstone MI can supply Valmet parts and service info but the actual work would be up to you.

Thank You Sponsors!