iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Other uses for skidding winches

Started by Ford_man, March 06, 2011, 04:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_man

Used My Uni-forest 3PT skidding winch Today on a little different kind of skidding.
I pulled my grandson's 4 wheeler out of the swamp. It was out about 150 feet and in about 4 ft of water. He said the water was cold when he hooked the cable to it.   smiley_argue01

PineNut

Wonder if the water was that cold when he took the 4 wheeler out there.

Magicman

;D  The only reason that you didn't have to pull two of them out, was that my Grandson wasn't with him.  Of course, 50 years ago and we would have needed pulling out.   :D :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Coon

Where the water is at bay the kids have to play.  :D  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Chuck White

A few weeks ago, we used my brothers JD tractor/loader and his 3-point hitch "Norse" winch to pull a "parts car" out of a low back yard, up a 10% grade and through the snowbank to the road.

Distance was close to 200 feet!

We've also used it to fell a bad "leaner" into a safe direction, using a snatch block!  Hooked a choker chain around the tree about 20 feet up.  We had over 200 feet of cable out on that one!

Worked real nice.  They're not just for skidding anymore!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I pulled the wife out of the mud a few times when she was mowing the wet hole.We have ALOT of water that goes down through our land in the spring and early summer.She does good some years,but other years not so good. She only mows it when I'm home now.She got stuck one morning and it sat there until I came home that night.I've pulled more than one person out with my winch.Gave away a building on a piece of land I bought.Had to pull truck,trailer and building out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timbuck2

Having burned thru half a dozen of them over the years, the first thing I do is weld a receiver hitch into the frame, low and center.

jcbrotz

Funny you should ask My loving wife had to rescue me this morning. Worked nights last night got somewere between 16-20 inches of snow (only called for up to 4) dirt road was drifted to 2 plus feet driveway was worse. So the only thing I got that would make it out was the tractor she comes to get me while waiting I get the bright idea to skid the dually home with the tractor. Well we made it the old 2355 grunted a little but she hauled the truck through the snow. It would have been a he!! of a lot easier had I not broke the snowplowfor the skidsteer in the last snowstorm and chose not to fix it. I then could have drove the truck home and had the driveway plowed instead I chose to have a cold one or three and take a nap then hook up the snowblower and break that, then went to the skidsteer and the bucket. Just got done cleaning most of the mess up now have snow mountain in th parking area.
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

CX3

I have used my skidder to pull a scrap car up through a field.  And pulled a semi off of wet grass.  And might get a job here pretty quick to move a house trailer out of a holler.  A guy called me asking if he thought I could move it.  I told him yes, but it may not be pretty.  Just get it out he said.  I also mentioned it wasnt going to be cheap ;D
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Bobus2003

Quote from: CX3 on March 08, 2011, 11:09:27 PM
I have used my skidder to pull a scrap car up through a field.  And pulled a semi off of wet grass.  And might get a job here pretty quick to move a house trailer out of a holler.  A guy called me asking if he thought I could move it.  I told him yes, but it may not be pretty.  Just get it out he said.  I also mentioned it wasnt going to be cheap ;D

When i was a senior in High School i got a "Job" to Demo a Old 30x65 double wide trailer..  All i did was make sure the tires were on the axles, hooked it up too the 440 and away we went.. Towed it to a "Burn pile" Then used the 440 and my dads 518 Swing Grapple to knock the walls down so it was just a large pile then burned it

240b

I pulled a dead cow out of my buddies tie barn .It checked out on the far end of the barn of course. ceiling is too low to get a bob cat in there.   and of course all kinds of junk out of peoples wood lots. 

bill m

I used mine to pull a tracked well drilling rig up a steep hill once.  It was to steep for him to go up on his own.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

tyb525

Skidders are great for pulling all sorts of things :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

logman81

I've pull a single axle log truck out of the mud with mine. ;D
Precision Firewood & Logging

Thank You Sponsors!