iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My New Show Room

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 25, 2018, 08:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjwoelk

Happy Birtheday and wellcome to 62 club.
Very nice carport conversion..
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

teakwood

Happy Birthday and congrats on the building! Excellent work
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

firefighter ontheside

That's a great showroom.  I'm not sure how the county would feel about me doing that with a carport.  I have a 18x41 carport that we park our camper under.  If we ever get rid of the camper it will definitely become my store room/showroom.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

WV Sawmiller

Happy birthday David.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

You are still a creative goat, even though you have aged and would be tough even if slow roasted. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawmilllawyer

Really like your work on the shed and by the way Happy Birthday, your not getting old your getting better!
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Magicman

Looks like I am late for the Party, but Happy Birthday even if you have already blown the candles out.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

After blowing them out, he ate them :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: WDH on June 07, 2018, 10:37:02 PM
You are still a creative goat, even though you have aged and would be tough even if slow roasted.
I don't know, Danny, seems like according to some of the stories I've heard about him, that Poston is rather tender (hearted)...
Herb

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks for the birthday wishes ya'll. I really appreciate it and appreciate each one of you.
Don't listen to WDH....the Georgia heat and humidity are getting to him.  :D :D :D :D

In fact the weather has slowed me down on my garage barn.
The more walls that go up it is slowly becoming a Microwave....tin roof and no air flow.

I may have to put a gable fan in the back gable just to pull air through.

barbender

Sorry I missed your birthday, ol' goat. Happy birthday! WDH, my wife got thus new pressure cooker/magic cooker gizmo, I bet it could soften up old goat. I'll try something a little easier first though, like a rutting mule deer buck😂
Too many irons in the fire

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on June 08, 2018, 07:34:13 PMIn fact the weather has slowed me down on my garage barn.
The more walls that go up it is slowly becoming a Microwave....tin roof and no air flow.

I may have to put a gable fan in the back gable just to pull air through.
Change the thread title to My New Showroom and dry kiln

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

YellowHammer

If you attach some of the foil backed insulation made specifically for metal buildings to the tin roof, it will help a lot.

Also, painting the roof with Cool White mobile home roofing paint will also help.  

Fans are a good idea.

An air conditioner would be nice.  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: YellowHammer on June 10, 2018, 07:19:24 AM
If you attach some of the foil backed insulation made specifically for metal buildings to the tin roof, it will help a lot.

Also, painting the roof with Cool White mobile home roofing paint will also help.  

Fans are a good idea.

An air conditioner would be nice.  

I am figuring on insulation now for the ceiling and definitely a fan system. 
The heat is brutal in the summer.

Southside

But you said it does not get above 68 degrees!!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Southside logger on June 10, 2018, 02:40:30 PM
But you said it does not get above 68 degrees!!!  
Who I'm drinking Purple Drank.

GAB

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on June 07, 2018, 10:49:23 AM
Thanks SL!
One day I'll grow up. 😂😂😂
Don't it is way overrated.
Hope you had a great birthday.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Just Right

Happy Birthday and wish you many more,  and great looking building.  I found a fan like you are talking about on FB.  only gave 75.00 for it!
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

YellowHammer

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on June 10, 2018, 01:41:43 PMThe heat is brutal in the summer.
True words.  We have had people go into various stages of heat related distress in the summer heat, with one hitting the ground, me telling others they needed to get into their cars and start up the air conditioners, one guy that I made sit down on the spot because he really looked bad, etc.  
Although we and you and others are used to the heat, lots of folks aren't and can't take it during the mean days of summer.  We started putting our big floor fans out last week in the showroom for the customers to stand in front of, and now have a mini fridge with ice cold bottled water, free to any customer who wants it.  They use it too, because we went through a case of it just this last weekend.  I am now CPR and first aid certified.
From both a marketing and safety standpoint, the more comfortable the showroom, the more comfortable the customers.  We don't have air-conditioning in our place because of the big open doors, but many a day I've seen folks gravitate to the big floor fans and stand in the air flow in single file like a Conga Line.      
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It sounds like you are doing all the right things Yellow Hammer.
Thats why I bought my new fridge this year.
Thats all you can do is your best.....and keep an eye on them.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Its HOT......sawing jobs have slowed a little due to the heat.....but I keep telling myself
"one more board".

I finally got the inside wall done at the entrance.
The bottom part is nothing more that the first cut off of the logs I sawed the board and baton from for the top. I sanded just the dirt and crude off them and kept the darker look.
A cedar gable vent at the top and I was done.

The outside lumber on the walls are now done to 13% MC. Next week it looks like
baton will be going up.

E-Tex

very nice.  really like that wall.
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Southside

That book matched cedar trim looks amazing.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!