iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

moving forwarders

Started by nativewolf, June 01, 2018, 11:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeans1

I remember seeing 200 sized high and wide excavators/road builders coming in on the train to Portland.

nativewolf

10 is the standard width, 10'6" or even 11 is ok on many western lines.  There's a landing nearby at the Northern Port of VA, just 25 miles or so.  Hmm
Liking Walnut

teakwood

NY is Bargemonkeys turf, he will know machines, truckers, .... 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

nativewolf

Actually he could just barge it down the ICW right to DC and I'd drive it to my farm.  
Liking Walnut

BargeMonkey

Quote from: nativewolf on June 04, 2018, 08:40:52 AM
Actually he could just barge it down the ICW right to DC and I'd drive it to my farm.  
July 10th I will be 1yr Tugboat free 🤣 I know of 3 companies here who will run to VA if your looking to get a machine hauled from NY, VT, NH area. 

nativewolf

Ha, see he can move it by barge.  

Well I missed out, blew the auction...should have won if I'd been paying attention.  Oh well.   Really need it now too as we were offered 4 more properties.
Liking Walnut

Riwaka

The Groton (ny) tigercat forwarder might be a just a haul down I-81 s.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: nativewolf on June 06, 2018, 09:50:08 PM
Ha, see he can move it by barge.  

Well I missed out, blew the auction...should have won if I'd been paying attention.  Oh well.   Really need it now too as we were offered 4 more properties.
Go on FB in a couple of these logged iron pages, tell them what your looking for and you would be amazed what comes out of the woodwork. I know of a LOW HR Valmet 865 ? like a 2014 another guy by me is selling, not quite sure what you want, they also have a timberpro 830 for sale. 

Riwaka

John 910G forwarder replacement for the 810G  (BMW design works involved in design)

Machine weight around 33 000 lbs depending on spec, 158 hp 4045 JD engine.
Can carry 20 000lbs to 22 000lbs depending on spec.

John Deere 910G | Walkaround @Euroforest France - YouTube

nativewolf

That's a neat machine.  
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!