iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HYDRAULIC Pump

Started by Caseybow123, June 06, 2018, 05:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caseybow123

Does anyone out there know where I can find a hydraulic pump for a Hough 30B loader? Cessna pump- 27 gpm.
Loader has the gas 6 cylinder International engine.

Satamax

There is a timberjack cesna pump on leboncoin.fr .  it's funny that i have bumped into it. If it's the right one. At least there is one for sale in the world. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

pineywoods

You might try surpluscenter.com. They sometimes have cessna pumps
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Autocar

I will second Pineywoods good place to start !
Bill

mike_belben

Does the pump have a data plate or any numbers in the casting?  

Have you torn the pump down to verify that its bad and cant be refurbed inhouse or locally?
Praise The Lord

Riwaka

Cessna Fluid Power Division (FPD) was started after WW2. In 1988 Cessna sold the fluid power division to Eaton Corp.
As above ascertain that it is the pump that is the issue and not the valve bank etc. 
So you might be looking for the people who do a good job of remaning cessna and eaton pumps & compare costwise with other sources or adapting another pump etc.

Caseybow123

It is definitely the pump, not a spline left on the shaft. Surplus center doesn't have one. Pump number is 24600-31C

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Satamax

Caseybow, i was talking gibberish, the guy in france is looking for one. Talk about being brain dead! And it's my mother tongue. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Caseybow123

Surplus center never had any. I need to find a good machinist to make me some splines. Like to find a backup though because I know this pump is weak.

mike_belben

Did it have a coupler or direct engage into a female shaft?   Did that get wallowed out?
Praise The Lord

Caseybow123

Direct into female. It doesn't feel too bad, but I can't see inside so I pray for the best that new splines will work. I think the female splines are stronger material, at least I hope they are.

Riwaka

Hydraulic pumps might have some type of common mounting spec (bolt pattern and shaft diameter, spline count, shaft length etc, , check to see which combo yours might be.
Hydra Mount
NFPA Mounting Flanges and Shafts for Hydraulic Pumps and Motors - Womack Machine Supply Company

appear to have a few.
Cessna Hydraulic Pump | Cessna Pumps | Northern Hydraulics

Splines need taking care of. Not every machinist is likely to be able to repair those back to a reliable condition.
Lubrication of Spline Shafts Datasheet

Corley5

It doesn't have to be a Cessna.  My old Tree Farmer forwarder came with one.  When it failed it was cheaper to get a new pump than have it rebuilt.  I replaced it with a Prince pump of the same specs from Surplus Center.  Figure out your RPMs, GPMs, mounting pattern, shaft size and spline or key, and adapters needed to plumb it.  I did the same thing on the steering/blade pump on my 132 Franklin forwarder.  It had a Hydreco pump.  Again I was able to match a Prince from Surplus Center.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

Surplus Center has online references/calculators to help figure everything out.

Corley5

You'll have way more into trying to fix that old pump than the cost a compatible replacement.  A reputable hydraulic/machine shop will tell you that.  That's a common spline/shaft and an SAE mounting pattern for the pump.  The female ends of the spline will need to be replaced too.  If you don't you'll have accelerated wear and will be back to square one shortly.

Corley5

If that's not a standard mounting pattern now would be a good time to change to one.  That would solve availability issues in the future.   Standard mounts for motors and pumps is NFPA not SAE.

Caseybow123

Okay, so I managed to find a company to match up a pump. I can even use the same mounting flange. 
Now, has anyone had experience in removing the female spline coupler? It runs off the crank but not sure how it is attached. Any ideas??
Thanks for everything so far.

Thank You Sponsors!