iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

why is

Started by coxy, June 08, 2018, 07:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt601

This is why in South MS buddy of mine sent me this waiting to get in the paper mill last Friday. 4 hours in line. They run 2 crane too.

It really amazing how much wood can be turn out in a short time.
No matter where you go there you are!!!

mike_belben

Lets all hope whatever mill that is stays in business.
Praise The Lord

Matt601

Quote from: mike_belben on June 12, 2018, 12:15:23 PM
Lets all hope whatever mill that is stays in business.
Its a Georgia-Pacific paper plant We have 2 of them in South MS and a Chip mill that is own by them. 
I sell to the chip mill most of the time when there taking pine because its only 5 miles from me and I can run the back roads all the way there. The mill in the Pics is about 30 miles from me the other one is 30 miles to the east of me. If these mills shut down it would be hard on us. Pulpwood would not be worth anything. We have a chip and saw mill that is close by there 4 saw mils with in 30 miles too. The I like GP because they don't cut anyone off when they stop taking wood they shut everyone out. Each week they send out a text telling everyone what there taking hardwood/pine and who can get the loads in win. Last week the chip mill was taking the loads from the trucks to the hopper because they was running 18 hours a day and had run out of there stock pile. the next week they was full and not taking any. 

No matter where you go there you are!!!

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on June 11, 2018, 10:38:42 PM
don't know how true it is but heard some mills are getting 1800-2000 for there ash debarked and  stuffed  
9-1200 doyle on average ash, 7' and up down to 8", doesn't take long to slash a load of your in the decent stuff. 

coxy

ship them up here barge  im getting paid on Scribner scale     the guys that buy and sell fire wood are having a fit because there is no ash fire wood   cant imagen what some of them ash logs look like after getting to China some people say the temp can get to 150+ in them containers sitting on the boat  :o

mike_belben

They probably look like popcorn with bark. 
Praise The Lord

Southside

Well the bugs are dead by the time they get there then.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

PA_Walnut

Quote from: mike_belben on June 13, 2018, 05:30:26 PMThey probably look like popcorn with bark. 

That's awesome!! :D
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

teakwood

Quote from: coxy on June 13, 2018, 06:39:46 AMthe temp can get to 150+ in them containers sitting on the boat

That's true but the humidity can't escape from the container, so no cracking or twisting.  I have heard that the nice teak we load in containers arrives in india full with gray mold/must
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

coxy

makes since  and never thought about it being air tight    thanks for pointing that out 

Thank You Sponsors!