iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawyers favorite

Started by adam p, June 28, 2018, 09:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam p

Hi I am looking for a Sawyers favorite for.a lane #1 mill anyone know where to look?

Jim_Rogers

What I call a sawyer favorite is a short handle cant hook for rolling timbers. Is that what you want? if not you should be specific about what you're calling a sawyer's favorite.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

dgdrls

I'm with Jim,  uncertain of what you're looking for

D

Mooseherder

Headblock dogging system setup on the Carriage more than likely.

Bill_G.

They are hard to come by separately. It might be easier to find an old Lane mill for sale that is intact.

moodnacreek

Have an incomplete one here. [could get kicked out for saying this here]  Perhaps you could run a want add in New England where there are many.

47sawdust

Call Leo's Welding in Morrisville Vermont.They bought all the patterns for Lane mills and and had some parts as well.Lot of old Lane mills still around in Vt.,N.H., and Maine
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

moodnacreek

Quote from: 47sawdust on July 27, 2018, 05:55:57 AM
Call Leo's Welding in Morrisville Vermont.They bought all the patterns for Lane mills and and had some parts as well.Lot of old Lane mills still around in Vt.,N.H., and Maine
47, Did John Bornemann retire or sell out?

47sawdust

moodnacreek,He may have done both.I haven't seen him around.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Sawyerfortyish

it is a dog on the carriage. I found one in a clearing laying in the mud at the bottom of a hill. There is a channel about a 18" deep cut in the hill where they drug logs by horse down the hill to the mill. when I was boy just a couple years ago ::)I was at a mill where the sawyer was using one. He took the time to explain to me what everything was and how it worked.Then he put me to work tailing. I still have the sawyers favorite setting around someplace. its badly rusted and wont move. At the time I found it I had an American mill I had wanted to try to fit it on a headblock but never got around to it. I have a frick mill now with air dogs. Just push a button.

wayerton

Still looking for Sawyers favorite? I have a line on one.

Osterman.r

Did you ever find a sawyers favorite? I have one.

J.Z. Farms

Does anyone still have a Sawyers favorite for sale, or parts available? Looking for the top hold-down dog assembly. 

moodnacreek

You need the hand dog assm. They are always missing. L.W.I. should have a pattern to make one. I have wooden patterns for it also. If you plan to use a sawyers favorite you will need to make parts from steel for it. You can do a lot with a mig welder and a small upright metal cutting bandsaw. There are many of these dogs out there but they are not reconized by anyone today.

Thank You Sponsors!