iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Books

Started by matariki, October 14, 2018, 06:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matariki

More or less a sister thread to my Forestry Videos thread

When I was doing my Forestry qualification, I used these books as reference. They're available for viewing, so download them if you want to. Some of the books are out of date, but the actual material is still relevant and being taught in New Zealand.

Best Practice Guidelines for Personal Protective Equipment
Best Practice Guidelines for Chainsaw Use
Best Practice Guidelines for Manual Log Making and Processing
Best Practice Guidelines for Tree Felling

Here is a newer version of the Best Practice Guideline for Tree Felling

Tree Felling - Best Practice Guide

lxskllr

Here's a post I made in another thread. Might be useful...

QuoteI've been looking for this awhile, and found it on archive.org. It's the bible of knotwork. Maybe I'm late to the game, but some here might be interested...

The Ashley Book Of Knots : Clifford W Ashley : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Not free, but I also bought a digital reprint of Fundamentals of General Tree Work by GF Beranek. It's been out of print for awhile, and copies sell for hundreds of dollars. Due to the age, it's not the state of art of tree work, but still useful and interesting to read. $20 for a pdf, which I don't think is bad.

The Fundamentals of General Tree Work - Digital Edition by G.F. Beranek | Educated Climber.com
Ashley Book of Knots in General Board

DaveP

Where can I buy the book on Tree felling?

DaveP

lxskllr

Quote from: DaveP on October 15, 2018, 07:42:43 AM
Where can I buy the book on Tree felling?

DaveP
I assume you mean a paper edition? Looks like an in-house guide developed for Kiwis. You could take the pdf to a print shop, and have it printed, but they may not do it since I didn't see any copyright notice. You could print the pdf yourself. If you cherrypicked the pages, it wouldn't be too bad on ink/toner.

Runningalucas

thanks for the links, much appreciated!
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

matariki

Thank You Sponsors!