iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Band Saw Blades

Started by AdirondackMill, November 09, 2018, 09:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdirondackMill

So where should I be looking for find 10" 36' double cut band saw blades? We're going to be cutting Eastern White Pine on a Cleereman Lumber Pro. It should be delivered mid February I just want to get a jump on it. 
Thanks
3rd Generation Sawmill in the foothills of the Adirondacks. Making big timber is what I love.

WV Sawmiller

I'd check with the sponsors Woodmizer and Kasco listed here on this forum. I use WM but have heard good things about Kasco too. Some of the other mill manufacturers may also sell blades and you might check with them too.

Ooops - wrong type blade. See Sawyer Ted response below for better suggestion.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

ladylake

That blade might cost as much as some pay for their mill.  How are you going to sharpen it.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

SawyerTed

Click the link on the left to Menominee Saw.  According to their site, they sell wide blades to 16".
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

AdirondackMill

Quote from: SawyerTed on November 09, 2018, 12:05:06 PM
Click the link on the left to Menominee Saw.  According to their site, they sell wide blades to 16".
Thanks! They quoted me 8-10 Weeks. :)
3rd Generation Sawmill in the foothills of the Adirondacks. Making big timber is what I love.

4x4American

Did you ask the guys at Westbury Lumber where they get theirs? 
Boy, back in my day..

shenandoahsawmill

Try York saw and Knife in York, Pa. Or Alderman saw shop in Warsaw, Va. I buy my double cut saw blades from them. York saw and Knife would be closer to you and might be drive-able for pick-up to save on delivery costs. 

Thank You Sponsors!