iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New guy from WI

Started by Buzzbox, December 09, 2018, 10:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzbox

Hey all,
Buzzbox here. New to the forum from NW WI, USA. Found the forum searching reviews about chainsaws. MS 250 16" and Husky 455 Rancher 20" are in my stable.
Grew up feeding an Aquatherm OWB, still doing it. The Forestry section has been helpful, as I'm trying to learn better Forest Management. Cleared out many a fence line, cut lots of dead and dying trees. Got 1 small woodlot on the place I want to make look good. Thanks in advance for any help, and I look forward to speaking with y'all.

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Buzzbox!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

Welcome tothe forum buzzbox
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

millwright

Welcome, I'm from NW Wi myself, near the Gordon area

Buzzbox

Right on, millwright. Passed through Gordon many a times. Used to hunt up there.

Logger RK

I'm a little NW of Gordon. I'm from South Range Wis. I believe under 10 miles from Superior as the crow fly's . I learned that when the refinery there blew up last spring & they were evacuating town. 

thecfarm

Buzzbox,welcome to the forum.
Good luck with your search on a chainsaw.
Not many Aquatherm OWB this far North. I have a Heatmor that been keeping me warm for 10 years.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

maple flats

Welcome Buzzbox, glad to have you here.
For chainsaws, I suggest you look to find the 3 brands that look best to you, then ask questions. The final choice should be related to the dealers near you. The best brand and model going is a lot less desirable if you don't have nearby Dealer Support. Also, if you buy from a big box store and need service they generally send them out to someone contracted to do repairs. The issue there is that the dealer contracted does HIS customers before even looking at your saw.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Resonator

Welcome Buzzbox, I live near Wausau, in the land of cheese. 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Thank You Sponsors!