iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jonsered 2077-leave or sell?

Started by leonid123, January 03, 2019, 01:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonid123

I buyed Jonsered 2077 Turbo in good form . What do you think about this chainsaw? Should I leave it for myself or should I sell it? I don't see so many topics about it. 

sawguy21

That is a good saw, basically a red Husqvarna. Is it in good condition? Do you have a need for it? If it is just taking up space move it out.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gearbox

I am running the same saw in a Poulan  475 It has been a great saw . Bought it used for a spare on the processer . It has blocked up well over 100 cord .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

sablatnic

Quote from: sawguy21 on January 03, 2019, 02:39:21 PM
That is a good saw, basically a red Husqvarna. Is it in good condition? Do you have a need for it? If it is just taking up space move it out.
Actually it is a red Partner, just about the only newer Jonsereds in which Husqvarna wasn't involved, but still a good saw. And very pleasant to use with low noise and vibration levels, but parts are getting sparse these days. The construction is about 30 years old now.

weimedog

If you like to have old Jonsered's and it is a complete and running saw....:) Keep it. Other wise might as well eBay the thing. Part are impossible to find for those. Especially things like the intake boots & good top ends, but also parts like anti vib / handle parts that get broken. More a Partner / Jonsered Blend than a Jonsered as the 910's an similar saws. Certainly wouldn't recommend one for a saw you have to depend on.  
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

leonid123

Thanks for answering everyone. This saw has never been dismantled, but it has a crazy squeeze. I googled a bit, and there are really few spare parts for it. This is the only reason why I think a lot. I have always liked not only brands, but also very good saws. They are always clean and in excellent condition. I recommend everyone to take care of chainsaws.I have 7 chainsaws and all are different CC . I send you some pictures 

sablatnic

It is looking better than mine by far!

Inaotherlife

I'd keep that!

Love to have something like that for my occasional use big saw.

Fishnuts2

I have a couple of that series that are branded Poulan.  A very nice running saw, and certainly worth a spot in your collection!

wild262

When I first saw this 2077, I thought it was the one I just sold on e-bay.  But this saw is a tad bit nicer than the one I sold.  Good old-school Jonsereds.   There a bit heavy for there power output by todays standards,  but if you don't mind the weight they sure get the job done.  If I was a younger man I would have kept that saw.  You have a rare 2077 there in that kind of condition. :)

Thank You Sponsors!