iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well- I bought it!

Started by jpgreen, January 05, 2006, 09:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpgreen

You guys aren't gonna believe this. 

Update on the prior thread... guy calls me after weeks and tells me he had lost my number, (after I left a message that I wanted to take a look at his Woodmizer), that he needs money, and wants to sell his 1993 LT40 HD 25hp Onan 6000 hours. This is after I thought his was unavailable and made up my mind to buy a Peterson, and even sent in a deposit.

So now (day before yesterday) I travel down south, check into a motel and meet the guy the next morning with cash. The original asking price was $12000... including 3 farm jacks, peavy's screw jacks, pile of blades (don't know how many are good), parts, big prybars, etc. Well over the phone this second time around, he says he'll come down to $8500.  Said it had a new Onan engine replacement 6 months ago.

-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Captain

Congrats, JP.  Give us a call to tell us how to deal with that deposit.....we'll wait to hear from you.

Captain

crtreedude

JP,

You should be ashamed of your self   >:( - as a punishment - box it up and ship it down here...  ;D

Congrats!  8)  8)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Ernie_Edwards

JP,

I know you, you are the guy I always seem to be just one step behind.

All kidding aside, good for you and the best of luck with your new mill.

Kirk_Allen

JP I like your stile!  I got a feeling we have attended the same negotiating school.  ;D

Only one concern if the thought of drugs or alcohol was in play.  IS THE MILL STOLEN?

WM will know as soon as you give them the serial number.  For your sake I hope its not. 

VA-Sawyer

Stop!  Thief!  :o

Well, let me see how this works out..... $3500 for the mill.... $2000 for new engine.... $3000 would replace or upgrade almost anything I could think of.  $8500 max investment to have a '95 mill in excellent shape.   I would consider leaving my deposit down on the swinger.  With your good luck, you will need both mills to keep up with all the business that is bound to head your way.  :D

VA-Sawyer

jerry-m

Well he said it had the manual with the ser.#  also the W/M card with the guys name and ser#...

So surely its not stolen...

Heres and Idea, Why not have a list here some place where we could list stolen sawmills and related large item equipment  ??? ??? ???  

Might keep someone from makeing the mistake of buying stolen equipment and more important the victim getting their property back...

Whatever,  Have a nice Day,   Jerry

Jerry

jpgreen

Stop it guys... you're me making feel bad and guilty...  :-[

OK- now I'm over it..  ;D

Murf

Quote from: jpgreen on January 05, 2006, 09:19:29 AM
Drugs are not a good thing.  A mind SAWMILL is a terrible thing to waste..  ;D

:D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Bibbyman

Congraulations!  Welcome to the Wood-Mizer group!

Oh yea,  one other thing you may want to check out...  At $3500 and meeting him at some location other than his home...  Did you check with Wood-Mizer to see if it shows up on their list of stolen mills?

I know a guy that bought a used Wood-Mizer from a guy that was the owner.  When he went to get it registered with Wood-Mizer,  he found out it was listed as stolen.  The owner had said it was stolen and collected the insurance money and then sold it. 

I don't know what happened to the guy that committed the fraud but the buyer escaped prosecution for accepting stolen goods but he lost the mill and his money. :'(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

It is absolutely sumpthing you should look into. I was surpriced after talking with the V.P. of Norwood what a problem stolen mills is. Thats why they wont see parts or even a manual to just anyone until they have tracked the path of ownership and determined that the mill was actually with a rightful owner.

Wood-Mizer will certainly help. get the serial number and check it out, at the same time., you can get your customer ID. number.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ely

yeah that mill was stolen, did you guys read that story.jpgreen is THE thief. :D

Troy

Way to go Pat!  Keep us posted on the progress.
Peterson ATS 8" 27hp

jpgreen

I'm in the system at Wood-Mizer now.  No stolen Mill, just a lucky one cause it's gonna have a nice new home... :)

Just bought a ton of parts and a box of blades down in Sheridan, and a Lap-siding attachment.  Gonna order a new engine when I decide what's the best one.

Rockn H

I thought Onans were suppose to rattle.  Now I've got to go and start tightning all those loose bolts on mine. :D
Hey, were are the pics.  We want before and after. :)

Bibbyman

Hey guys,  don't you know it's after 2:00 in the morning?  We've got sawing to do in a couple 3-4 hours. ::)

I'd replace it with one of the new Kolher 28 fuel injected engines.  WM should have a swap out kit.

Wood-Mizer conversion kits
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Husband

Well done on your purchase...or should I say "steal" :-X
Knowing the prices of such mills you got onto a goody there.
I agree with Bibbyman and get the 28hp on that thing. (maybe he can even show you how to get the thing humming.) 8)
All the best with your mill.
Chris

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

There is a 93 LT40HD with the Onan on the Exchange w/6000 hours for $14,500 :o Take off about 2k for the engine and 2k for the labor :o

What a thief ;D 8) :)
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

jpgreen

It brings my heart comfort, and a warm feeling inside knowing I saved a Wood-mizer..  :-[

Tear.

:D

WH_Conley

Try plug wires on the mill, could very well level out the running. Somewhere between changing wires and coil, which up and died, got my onan running slick, I was thinking the engine was about to give up to.
Bill

jpgreen

You could be right Conley, but for the price I paid for the mill, I wanted a new engine.  I'll use that Onan for a wood gasifier or something..  ;D

I just bought a Kawasaki Liquid cooled 27 HP twin OHC, 20 amp alt, has industrial air cleaner, etc. from Tulsa Engine Warehouse.  This one they had marked way down on sale, even below their website sale price.

I'm not gonna say how much, cause some of you guys may get fed up with me an say "Git a Rope"..  :D

Flurida_BlackCreek

you seem to get around good for a 103 year old guy.
I'm happy anywhere south of the mason-dixon line.
-- cdb

Jeff

yea, I was thinking we needed to do sumpthin about that...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Flurida_BlackCreek

I'm happy anywhere south of the mason-dixon line.
-- cdb

jpgreen

Age is based purely on ones frame of mind..  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!