iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WHAT NEXT ??????

Started by Fla._Deadheader, November 23, 2002, 01:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

DanG !!! This is gettin OLD !!!!  Went diving this past several days and got some decent logs. NOW, the mill AIN'T BUYING !!!!  Says the yard is FULL and if he bought any more logs, the CREW would have a fit !!!!  Who's runnin the show in this scenario. I would get a new crew !!!!!

Enuff of that. Got a nother guy to call Monday. He prefers Cypress anyway.

Dove 2 days for logs and rescued a widder woman's yacht that was taking on water at the rate of 2-2" pipes runnin full tilt 24 hours and LOSING ground. It's a 1924 model with Ferro-cement hull. Low water cracked the hull when it settled in and we used the better part of a cotton mattress to stuff up the leak. Got it down to (1) pump coming on every 6-7 hours and running for 18 minutes. She was so happy that she could visit her sister in Jax for Thanksgiving. Seems that it had been leakin for 2 weeks and no one would help. Sorry world out there !!!!

So, here's some pics, JEFF. One load is still hangin on the boat till we talk to the other buyer.

This is our first load this week.

This is my little boy leaning on a $380.00 Heart Cypress--Bald Cypress that measures 22" X 16 feet.

Grain-color pattern of Heart--Bald Cypress. Notice the close Grain.

Hollow, but, still get a BUNCH of boards. I'm saving this one for MY mill. 24" X 18 feet. WOULD have been worth $500 + dollars. The rings are 61 to the inch of thickness.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

I was afraid a Gator got you, Harold.  I guess it just takes this Yankee weather to get you out of the water. :D

Fla._Deadheader

Shoot Tom. The water temp was 62-64 degrees. The AIR temp is what done us in.  :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Ron Scott

Deadheader,

What water depths are you usually working?
~Ron

Fla._Deadheader

Hi Ron. Anywhere from 3 feet to 35 feet. Current was about 4 knots, but, vis was about 6 feet until you went below 8-9 feet. It got TIGHT then !!
   First, it is ridiculed;

ARKANSAWYER

Is them fancy swimmin pants gator proof? :o
  If you had your mill running is there plenty of markets to sell the wood?  What does a sinker cypress board go for per bdft?  Looks like you are getting good money for wet logs.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Fla._Deadheader

Yeah, Arky. Gators MAY be colorblind, so, we use different colors to hide from 'em.  :D :D :D
  Biggest one we saw so far was estimated at 13 feet. Lots of "pups" around.

Called 2 buyers today, and they can't compete with the buyer we were using. They pay LESS and GET LESS for their product, and still lose LOTS of jobs that our original buyer gets.  I could saw the stuff and wait for the market, or, stash the logs in a canal till it gets better. Problem is, I can't pay bills with STASHED logs.

So far, I can't find anyone to work a deal with for drying on shares. What to do, what to do ???????
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!