iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Rebuilding of the F.F. Table.....

Started by Burlkraft, August 10, 2006, 11:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I started rebuilding the table that I made for the auction. A woman named Julie who lives in Miami Beach, Fl. bought the table. I had "The Tightest Ship In The Shipping Business" send it down there. The table which was a one piece table got to Julie in 3 pieces >:( >:( >:(
Now....I'm not blamin' anybody....but I got a long story about the UPS Store...for another time...... These are the pieces I got back......

This is where I started here's the base like it was....

And this is the top all fixed up.....

And here is the pair just waiting for Julie to tell me what kind of spindle she wants and how high she wants it ;D ;D

More to come..........
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Steve, it still amazes me they snapped that puppy twice.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

They must have dropped it from a 747 or run over it with a forklift or a truck. That is disgusting! A couple of years ago I shipped some of my turnings to the gift store in Grand Marais, MN and one of the wooden bowls in the box was cracked. And I really packed everything well, even with lots of bubble wrap. I just hope you had it insured. They should pay for that one.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Corley5

I won't use UPS anymore because of their rough handling.  I shipped an outboard to Indiana that arrived broken in half.  THere was an obvious hole clean through the box where it had been stabbed with a fork truck.  The wouldn't insure it either because it hadn't been properly packaged.  In other words the styrofoam peanuts were fine but the the lack of bubble wrapping around the motor accounted for the damage ::) :o >:( >:( >:( >:(  The owner of what was then still Mail Boxes Etc made good for the damage as they had packed it.  Like bubble wrap would have protected it from a fork truck spearing.  Another motor which went to the same area also arrived with damage.  I figure that some central UPS terminal in that area had some rogue package handlers.  I've never used UPS since.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

I sent a home made walnut (butternut) picture frame, glassed in with a poster from coast to coast using Canada Post. It was all crated with thick styrofoam. When it arrived in Prince Rupert it was in a million pieces. It was definitely thrown and run over to bust it up the way it was. I filed a claim against them and got compensation. At first they were reluctant because it was not insured, but it was quite obvious the damages were a deliberate act and I impressed upon them I was getting my dues.  >:(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ironwood

I know like to photograph my packing efforts ::) :-\, never hurts to have proof you did he job right.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Mr Mom

I was told from a guy that the people that were loading and unloading trucks have like3 sec a box to move them from one thuck to the table to be scaned and to be loaded on the next truck.
His friend said that they would throw all the boxer no mater what there are.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom.

Warbird

I photograph important stuff as I am packing, as well.  I've got photos of the bowls and ulu I just sent to customdave from the latest FF auction.  Because he is in Canada, I did not put insurance on it.  I would have liked to have insured it for around $300 but then I would have had to put that value on the Customs declaration, which would then have reflected in the 'extra' amount he woulda had to pay just to receive the item.

Thank You Sponsors!