iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lumber storage

Started by TexasTimbers, March 04, 2007, 04:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

Anyone have a lumber rack system they are particularly proud of? I am about to build one for my ERC. It has to stay out of the sun. I don't like deadstacking it out in the weather so I have built a shed, but I now I need to build a framework to hold 1Xs and ostly all I am going to stock is 8' 1Xs because that is what most people have been requesting.
I haven't given much thought because I figure there usn't much to it, but I figure it don't hurt to ask since there usually ends up being more to stuff than what I figured.  ::)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Brad_S.

I'm building mine based on the one used by Tom-From-St.Louis. I checked his gallery to see if he had photos of it in there, but he doesn't nor has he been on this site in a while. If the admins. don't mind, I can hook you to a thread on Woodnet where he has a couple pictures posted.
Tom's racks
Might be over kill for what you need but it is a versatile design that allows for growth.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

TexasTimbers

Wow. That's quite a rack. I think I can massage the design enough to fit my requirement. Thanks Brad.

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

woodmills1

I built a similar rack at my ex garage but used 4x4 pine with half lap joints
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

TexasTimbers

I hope I never need racks that voluminously accomodating.  :o

Thank You Sponsors!