iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer Accuset

Started by jdgese, May 09, 2007, 01:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdgese

Hello,
I'm Joel from Spokane. Have been reading this forum for a few weeks now and suprised it
took me so long to find it. I have been sawing for the last 13 years with a little Ripsaw and
recently moved up to an LT 40G28 (2005) with the add-on hydraulic loader. Maybe I should
say moved waaay up! This mill is so awesome by comparison that I'm still in culture shock.
My question to you so willing to share experts is about the accuset. When I change from
autodown mode to manual mode after a couple of times in the process of sawing a log the saw head will stop moving up and down and I have to shut off the mill and restart to get the
head to move up and down. The message on the screen is "ERROR CHECK MOTOR CIRCUITS". Am I doing something wrong or does it need to be reprogramed?
                    Thanks very much for your help, J. Gese

Bibbyman

It's likely there are a couple of parameters that need adjusting in the programming.

Call Wood-Mizer and talk to Rick Leuman a.k.a. Sparks.  (If you follow the instructions when you call in and replay "electrical", they'll likely route you to Sparks.)

He can help you get down inside the programming to fix your problem. 

Oh yea....   One other thing.  Welcome to the Forum..   8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

I should probably add... 

To avoid errors on the Accuset it is important to keep the chain that the up/down motor uses to pull the head up and down at the right tension, clean and oiled.  It's also important to keep the pads on the mast rails clean an oiled.  I think the extra friction keeps the head from reaching the right location to satisfy the Accuset – thus it puts out an error and stops working.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sparks

Since you can shut the key off then back on and it works again I believe there is a setting not programmed correctly. Call me when you are at the mill and I can walk you through the settings over the phone. 1-800-525-8100 ext 1620. If I'm on the phone leave me a number where I can call you back.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

jdgese

Thanks  Bibbyman  and Sparks I will be working with the mill on this coming Mon. @Tues.
Will give you a call then if the phone will work up there in the woods.
                                                   Thanks again, JGese

Thank You Sponsors!