iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who will buy my end product

Started by Moulder, April 05, 2003, 05:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moulder

I had a guy call me the other day and told me he had 70-80 yellow pine trees to "give me". He said that he was clear cutting about 8-9 acres of land and needed something to do with the trees.He states that he has talked with a local pulpwood company and for some reason they dont want them.The trees are reportedly from 12-24" in dia and from 12-20 feet in length. As I don't have room for them at my place yet, if I took and cut these trees do you all have any suggestions as what I could do to sell the end product. N.C. will not let me sell them as framing timber not that I could compete with the depot. Kevin you mentioned EMS. I worked as a paramedic from 83 till 91. Got my RN and have worked in emergency med, neuro tramua and all those other places that have initals on them. Small world. Hurrah
RANDY

Tom

Randy,
SYP cut in heavy 4/4 and 6-8 inches wide are good for almost any (non-graded)construction use.  Siding, flooring, fencing, cabinets, , furniture and tables, sheeting, barn or outbuilding construction, decks etc.  It can be a valuable commodity because usually nobody else has it.  If the logs are slow growth and pretty inside then value is encreased by cutting them as wide as the log will stand. and hope you can dry them straight.

It is also a handy thing for you to have around the place if you you have outbuildings to build or fences to repair.  A couple of thousand feet comes in real handy.

If you do it, saw the boards as fresh off of the stump as possible and dry in a pole barn type environment to inhibit blue stain. Not that blue stain isn't marketable. :D

5/4 makes good table tops.

Kevin_H.

Randy,
I have had good luck selling my pine to local crafters...I have one that will take all I get, that being said I dont get much pine around here.
I never pass up free trees, today they may be pine, but tomorrow they may be cherry.
So ya moved up to RN did ya...I got my EMT in '86 and went back for my medic in '91, been working 24/48 for the same company ever since, Medics are in short supply around here right now.
anyway take the pines...
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

dail_h

MOULDER
   Where are you in N,C.? I'm way up in northeast corner.Saw the pine,and anything else free. When farmers and other folks find out about you they.l take all the full cut you can saw.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Moulder

Dail_h, I live outside of Saluda N.C. which is near Hendersonville which is near Asheville
RANDY

Moulder

Dail_h, I went to them members map and saw you live near the Virginia line. My dads folks are all from the big town of  Aulander  next to the metropolis of Rich Square and Bottle Neck. All known for their peanuts and tobacco.By the way have you every heard of the great Peanut Ridejavascript:huh()
Huh
RANDY

Thank You Sponsors!