The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

KNOW WHAT?
Between February 12, 2018 and June 18, 2018, this space displayed 13 Million, 871 Thousand and 87 times.

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: valley machine works edger  (Read 8378 times)

Offline sandhills

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: valley machine works edger
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 10:30:59 AM »
I will give you $200   :D
DanG!  I was gonna offer 150, to late now I guess ;)

Offline Brucer

• Senior Member x2
  • The Kootenay Sawyer - retired (for now)
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 12:44:17 AM »
Yes it looks identical to your machine. With a few small differences.

Bibby's machine looks just like mine, too. In fact, I even see my vehicle in the background.  :D :D :D

There is a black arm on side opposite the engine between the 2 upper roller bearings on yours, but not on mine.

That's actually a pair of levers for undoing the blade collars. They hang on the side of the machine on a couple of pins.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw with two 6' extensions.
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Offline snowmobile95

• Share Post
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 07:04:55 AM »
Yes it looks identical to your machine. With a few small differences.

Bibby's machine looks just like mine, too. In fact, I even see my vehicle in the background.  :D :D :D

There is a black arm on side opposite the engine between the 2 upper roller bearings on yours, but not on mine.

That's actually a pair of levers for undoing the blade collars. They hang on the side of the machine on a couple of pins.

thanks brucer, i'm gona have to try and locate something like that in order to change blades, or some type of wrench.

Offline snowmobile95

• Share Post
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 07:30:42 AM »
I will give you $200   :D
Thanks for the offer, but edger is not for sale. It is at the moment completely dismantaled and going under the gun of the sand blaster. Well thats what I thought, until my compressor decided it was time for retirement, the pump took a dump. I looked at one from Harbor Freight it's a v-twin model # 93786 rated for a 5 horse motor. I know when you "buy cheap you get cheap" but at a $149.00, and if it lasts me through the project I think it might be a worthwhile investment. Thats some of the chances we all have to take with the economy the way it is right know.

Anyone have any other suggestions on a compressor pump? Or would that be a good choice?
I was told Eaton has some compairable in that price range and  supposidly to be made in the GOOD OL USA with a 5 year warranty.
thanks, Leon

Offline silent

• Member*
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 09:24:37 PM »
I know this is an old, old thread.  I'm a newbie here, but I have been combing internet looking for anyone who has the Harbor Freight 93786 compressor pump either for sale or in need for the valves.  I was able to replicate this part that is no longer available from Harbor Freight out of stainless steel.  I'd either like to buy this compressor or if someone needs a set of valves, I'd be willing to exchange a set of 4 for some really good pictures of the insides and the repair job itself.  

I posted here because I see "snowmobile95" has this compressor and maybe he could help me even though this thread is 7 years old.  I'm available to be emailed at:  moc.enecirtaeb@tnelis if you type that in backwards.

Thanks for the help.  Keep my email address handy if you need valves for this compressor and get in touch with me.  I should be able to help you keep that old compressor going for a few more years.

Erin

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Valley Machine Works Edger

Started by lawnsbylane on Sawmills and Milling

5 Replies
Last post March 23, 2014, 08:11:31 PM
by Peter Drouin
question
How do I source replacement blades for a Valley Machine Works Junior Edger?

Started by sallyb on Sawmills and Milling

4 Replies
Last post June 26, 2017, 06:53:30 PM
by sallyb
xx
berlin machine works molder

Started by beav39 on General Board

17 Replies
Last post April 04, 2009, 11:07:46 PM
by sawdust
xx
Log valley