iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stoopid brake issue

Started by Nomad, February 21, 2012, 07:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

When I went to pick up the used LT50 I just bought, I picked up an adapter to go from the 7 blade connector on my truck to the 6 pin connector on the mill.  Lights worked, etc.  Trailer brake is locked up.  Won't release.  Unplug the wiring, it rolls fine.  Troubleshot this issue for about 2 days, tearing out what hair I got left.  Changed the adapter.  Nope.  Changed out the plug on the mill (corrosion issues.)  Nope.  Changed out the truck's electric brake controller.  Nope.  Broke out the schematics for the trailer; what I should've done in the first place.  Huh?  The diagram for the trailer don't match up with the output from the truck.  Looking at the schematic of the adapter, I noticed a little blurb about "alternate wiring configuration..."  Huh?  Take the adapter apart and swap these two wires.  Say what?  The adapter comes apart?  Yes it does.  Fixes the problem, too! :-\  Lesson learned:   :P the instructions.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

thecfarm

I had a teacher that always said if all else fails read the directions. ;D But something simple sometimes can trip a person up.
By the way what did the LT50 replace?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

I used to start with my meter at the truck outputs.  I got rid of the adapters by putting RV cords with the big 7 pin connectors on them, onto my trailers.  One less thing.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

woodmills1

I cannot run my lt70 behind my chevy 4500 with the plugs hooked up

bought 2 different adaptors and still the brakes are on so

thank god I stay at home
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

hamish

Woodmills.............

Re-wire your trailer plug configuration to mate up with that of your truck or voce versa.  Unless your trucks trailer harness came from the factory theres a 50-50 chance it was wired up wrong.  OEM trailer wiring is cut and dried accross North America.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

cypresskayaksllc

Same thing happened to me when I got my mill. Called WM and they told me to switch two wires. It worked.
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

Nomad

Woodmills, if you're using an adapter take it apart and swap the black and blue wires.  I bet they're all made about the same.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

plowboyswr

yep everyone of those adaptors I've had was wired wrong had to change them over.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Thank You Sponsors!