iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

It looks like a coon found the nest and ate all the eggs. >:(

Spent the day yesterday at doctors. >:( My little fall is not good. After a week, the pain got worse. :o X-rays showed no problems, but was told the area they looking at doesn't show good with X-rays. Got a cat scan set for Monday. Have to wait due to the insurance game. >:( If there is a fracture, I will have to have surgery. :o Mean time, was told to stay off my feet and use crutches to get around. >:( They did give me some good pain pills that has helped some. ;D 

Magicman

I hope that all goes well with the back my Friend.  Congrats on the Granddad news.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Lynn, DanG coon got her nest. >:(

Still just chilling. DanG pain is not lifting off which is not good at all. :o I will know what is what tomorrow afternoon and will go from there.

Also, my transplant team told me I have to get my battery changed out soon. Less then 6 months left. That will be 5 weeks of doing nothing after surgery for that. >:( Looks like no hunting unless I use a hand gun. Haven't did that in 15 years. :D

fishfighter

A bit of good news and some not so good news. I do have a very small hair line crack in my hip. :( Good new, I don't have to have surgery. ;D  Bad part of that, got to keep using crutches, take it easy and go in as need for a shot into the hip. That hurt, but has helped some with the pain.

So, I will try to get out and try to fix the track on my saw mill maybe in a day or two. I have to unbolt a section and then take the rail to a friends shop. He told me he should be able to bend it back. ;D This has been putting me off sawing some more syp lumber to cover the front porch.

Also, I have to start plane out a bunch of oak boards for trim and base boards. The wife will help me there. ;D

After almost two weeks of just laying around, I got to get myself back in the game of life. Sucks being the living dead. :D

Magicman

Steady as she goes my friend.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Will do Lynn. ;D Good doctor did give me this option. He did tell me it will be a problem a long time without the surgery, then again that too was going to take a long time to heal up. So, I picked the less of two evils. ;D 

fishfighter

Got out this morning and when and pulled a track off the mill bed. Had to get the wife to carry it up to the house. Then I was able to put it in the truck. I didn't get a picture, but with the rail laying flat, one end was a good 3" bend in it. :o

Took it over to my buddies shop. Said he will get it fixed in a day or two. He has a 150 ton press and said it will be no problem to fix it. ;D

Now the my mill is under cover, I think it is about time I clean it and do some touch up paint. Starting to get some rust spots. :(

On a side note. We been getting some rain. 8) Not much, but will take all I can get. ;D

fishfighter

Like a nut and with the wife eating my lunch, Got out yesterday and today. ;D Wasn't easy, But I just told myself there always a easy way. 8) I been waiting on my SIL to come finish out the bathroom sheetrock. As a contractor, he is way over tied up. I knew this, so no biggie.

So, just knowing sanding is very much labor that is way to hard on me. :( Well, the last couple weeks with time on my hands, I got to thinking about that. ;D

So, a $20 fixture and I was set for easy times of sanding. ;D I didn't want to use my good one. This is what I rigged up and I can't believe nobody came up with this idea. :o There are big ones on the market, but working in tight quarters, this was a win.  So, if anybody makes these in the future, send me a check. :D

Yep, some old pool hose that is 1 1/4". Took the bag off the fitting that hooks up to the sander and used duct tape to connect. Hooking it to a shopvac that has a very good filter system, it sucked up a easy 85-90% of the  dust. ;D Using 80 grit pads, things when very easy and fast. 8)

After passing that, just a very very lite hand sand was in order in the corners. ;D I really have to say, this has saved a lot of work. The only draw back, I had to dump and clean the vacuum filter often which only took a couple minutes.

As of 11 this morning, I have the bathroom primed out.

Next, got to pick up a couple bags of thinset. I have a bunch of Hardie board siding that is 4'x8' sheets. Going to put thinset down and install the Hardie Board on top. That will give a outstanding base for the flooring. ;D

submarinesailor

Been doing the same thing for years.  I have a Porter Cable RO sander that I hook to my shop vac for most of the sanding I do.  Went out an found a free 20'x1-1/4" hose making so I can put the vac outside while doing sheet rock - I get dust leakage even with good filters.  I recommend that every now and again you take the sander a part and clean it.  The dry wall dust builds up something terrible on the inside of the sander.

Bruce

fishfighter

I figured that the dust would build up. That is why I went and bought a cheap one. ;D For that $20 I spent, I'm a happy camper. :D

fishfighter

Spent a few hours this morning resawing and planning out some boards for the bathroom window and door casing. Got it done, but didn't have my phone with me. It's so DanG hot, I had to call it a day before 10. Heat index is 106F right now. Dead still. :o

Over that door way is the track for the door. Got an idea that I going to give it a try. ;D

fishfighter

Really not all that happy with all that metal above the bathroom door. So, a outside the box and custom job as everything else, why not? :)

This was my idea. First I had to weld up a couple brackets for the off set and mounting things. I did have to make sure the rollers were clear. Once done, I had hung the door back up. Did I said this door is heavy? :D

Anyway, all is close, but still no cigar. :(

Problem, I will have to pull the door trim off and plan it down another 1/16". :( Like I said, close, but no cigar. >:(

It will be no problem, due to the fact I just tacked the door trim. ;D I still haven't varnish the door nor any of the trim. So, everything will come back down and work from there. :D I still have a bunch of custom works that will be installed in the bathroom. It's just going to take time. :D

Magicman

Very interesting.  You may have to make a video.   ;D

fishfighter

I did get the trim pulled and planned it down this morning. Had to call it a day.

Yesterday evening, I took another spill. >:( Yep, bang up my hip again. >:( at myself for not getting up slow out my chair.

fishfighter

No work getting done. Been on the hospital from yesterday. >:( Dang old ticker bottom out and they still don't know what is wrong. >:( Hope they figure what is what soon.

Magicman

DanG Paul and I know that you are doing your best to keep on keeping on.  My prayer is for your strength and health. 

Darrel

And I'm saying a prayer for you too. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Hey, thanks guys. All is good now. Got out yesterday and at home. Very tired. Got to take it easy. :( I do have to go back next week. Also, again on the 18 I think. As to why they can't get things done all at once. >:(

Oh well, it's good to be home. ;D I just need to put some weight back on. My weight has dropped down to 159 lbs. :o That ain't good.

fishfighter

Got that bathroom door varnished this morning. Didn't have my phone with me, so no picture. Sure looks nice. ;D Got rain coming, I hope.

fishfighter

Resawed and plane out a bunch of lumber for trim work for the front bedroom early this morning before it got to hot.

Dang shame so much waste :(

If only I knew what I could do with the waste. :( Firewood rack is full. :(

fishfighter

Trimmed out one window in the front bedroom. Did that after working on the sawmill and sawing up a little oak log.

samandothers

Glad you are back to it!  Don't over do it.  Looking great!

fishfighter

Hey, thanks. Small steps as I go. 8) Going to try and paint some ceiling tomorrow.

fishfighter

Got the bathroom ceiling painted yesterday and the walls done today. One of the few things I dislike is painting. :D

Wanted something a bit lighter, but the daughter picked this color.

True color in sun light.

Tomorrow, I will go back and hang all the trim and door.

Magicman

Hey, if you don't like it you will have to deal with the family Veterinarian.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!