iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Italian winch??

Started by ckprivette, June 10, 2015, 04:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckprivette

Hey fellers, Do y'all know anything about the Italian company Balfor? http://www.balfor.it/site/node/403.
I'm looking at a BF30- a 3 ton logging winch priced at around $2600 new. Sounds great compared to the $4000+ Farmi of similar power, but I can't find much in the way of reviews. Also no Balfor dealers in US as far as I can tell. There are some in Canada though. Shipping to NC might nullify the savings too. A lot to consider. Thanks, chris. 
The Lord is my shepherd.

47sawdust

I've seen them advertised myself.I would stay with one that has support in this country.You might pay less but if you need a part and can't get it your kinda snookered.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Straightgrain

I almost bought one.

I found the dealer in Canada to be straight, up front, and honest.

When it came down to shipping to Oregon and warranty, I decided to go with a different maker.

They told me that if something broke, I could take the winch to any winch dealer to have it fixed, and they would reimburse me.

The only difference I could see was the weight; it was more than a hundred pounds less than what I bought. A hundred pounds!

I searched for years but quickly deleted all the links.
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

NH-Murph

If you shop around, you can find some pretty good deals on things you have a chance at finding parts for.  I just picked up an Igland 4501 for $3,250.

Thank You Sponsors!