iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pulling the trigger on a new processor this week.

Started by labradorguy, September 28, 2017, 08:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

I know a FF member who has had great service from a larger blockbuster, I wasn't buying another barsaw machine unless it was 3/4 pitch.
Here's the only thing on the entire machine that I hate, I'm more annoyed that I've got to take belting and carriage bolts and drill holes in a new elevator. This is going to happen 2-3x a day, sometimes you can back it out, the conveyor will run in reverse. Lots of fun climbing up the elevator 1/2 full of wood to knock the piece out. Gap is to wide on the end and a thin piece gets in and jams everything up, stalls elevator.

labradorguy

Quote from: BargeMonkey on October 31, 2017, 11:26:42 PM
The Simonds tool is 140 ? And teeth are 8 bucks each, I've heard guys claim ridiculous amounts of time on teeth, I'm running fairly clean wood and changed a few at 275hrs.

So are you saying you like the sharpening tool or just swapping teeth out?

1270d

Quote from: BargeMonkey on November 01, 2017, 11:11:39 PM
I know a FF member who has had great service from a larger blockbuster, I wasn't buying another barsaw machine unless it was 3/4 pitch.
Here's the only thing on the entire machine that I hate, I'm more annoyed that I've got to take belting and carriage bolts and drill holes in a new elevator. This is going to happen 2-3x a day, sometimes you can back it out, the conveyor will run in reverse. Lots of fun climbing up the elevator 1/2 full of wood to knock the piece out. Gap is to wide on the end and a thin piece gets in and jams everything up, stalls elevator.

We've got the smaller elevator and one of the cross links broke off from that type of thing happening.   Only 50 some hours on it.

Corley5

I've got close to 5,500 hours on my 14-12 Block Buster.  It's just a little guy but it's performed exceptionally well.  I'm talking with them about a 14-12 Plus right now :) :) :) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Brandon1986

Sounds nice.. I have a 48" circle cord king that I really like, it was a nice upgrade from a bar type much smaller blockbuster.. I have run both with and without a cab even down to -20* up here in AK.. Frankly I prefer to go without a cab.. we have a lot of twisted wood up here so I have to bounce out of the cab and readjust it fairly regularly.. it was nice with the block buster to just step away from the controls and fix the problem... Just one mans opinion..

BargeMonkey

Quote from: labradorguy on November 03, 2017, 02:05:36 PM
Quote from: BargeMonkey on October 31, 2017, 11:26:42 PM
The Simonds tool is 140 ? And teeth are 8 bucks each, I've heard guys claim ridiculous amounts of time on teeth, I'm running fairly clean wood and changed a few at 275hrs.

So are you saying you like the sharpening tool or just swapping teeth out?
Just swap teeth. My time around a circle saw is limited, kind of new to me on a slasher, had 2 piece on our big mill. Yeah knock the rivet out, slide a tooth in and go. Supposedly I can get new teeth put on these shanks?

BargeMonkey

Quote from: 1270d on November 04, 2017, 09:10:06 AM
Quote from: BargeMonkey on November 01, 2017, 11:11:39 PM

We've got the smaller elevator and one of the cross links broke off from that type of thing happening.   Only 50 some hours on it.
Yeah I'm not impressed, did it 3 times the other day on 5 cord. I will say that elevator has guys, in 16-20" wood it's almost down to a crawl with how fast it spits wood out.

labradorguy

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

labradorguy

Thanks. It looks pretty solid. Anxious to put it to work. :)

burtle

Never Give Up

labradorguy

Sorry for the late reply, I've been keeping busy and haven't been on here in awhile. The machine is solid. So far no issues and I like everything I have seen on it. It is well built and user friendly. I'll post more as I get more time on it.

Tin Horse

I bought a Bell 1000 processor (the one shown on their web site) Sent a long time researching. Could not be happier. Also have demoed it to others. ( i love to) Do about 30 bush cords now a year. As to sharpening; very little and not sure why. It stays sharp way longer than a chain saw??? Maybe more oil on the bar. Bought a load of maple in June last year. Logs were real muddy ( won't do that again) Figured I'd be destroying chains but still on original chain with miner touch ups. As far as customer support I still can't believe how well I've been treated.   
Bell 1000 Wood Processor. Enercraft 30HTL, Case 580SL. Kioti 7320.

Skidder Kev

You will love the 4000.   We have had ours for a year now and so glad we upgraded from the 3000 bar saw.   We did original get it with out the cab and sent it back 30 hours in and have one put on.    If you can't set up with the wind in your favor it will be a miserable day processing without a cab trust me I have been there.   We got the 16 foot attached conveyor single chain and did have problems with it at first busting slats off.  We figured out the problem and seems to be good now. 
Also it is nice not having to sharpen chains too.    I have a bunch of videos of it running up on my YouTube channel if you want to check it out.

Pclem

Sure do hear lots of good feedback on the bells here on the ff. I requested quotes and info from them awhile back, and have 'em on my wish list when it's time to upgrade 8)
Dyna SC16. powersplit. supersplitter. firewood kilns.bobcat T190. ford 4000 with forwarding trailer. a bunch of saws, and a question on my sanity for walking away from a steady paycheck

jimbarry

Quote from: Tin Horse on February 10, 2018, 02:06:14 PM
I bought a Bell 1000 processor (the one shown on their web site) Sent a long time researching. Could not be happier. Also have demoed it to others. ( i love to) Do about 30 bush cords now a year. As to sharpening; very little and not sure why. It stays sharp way longer than a chain saw??? Maybe more oil on the bar. Bought a load of maple in June last year. Logs were real muddy ( won't do that again) Figured I'd be destroying chains but still on original chain with miner touch ups. As far as customer support I still can't believe how well I've been treated.  
TinHorse, do you have time to update your experience with the Bell 1000. I've been looking at one myself.

Tin Horse

Working a load of firewood right now. Normally I'm cutting logs off my own property but because of lumber order s and a shop this year I've fallen behind on cutting. So I just had a load of logs delivered 2 days ago. My own logs are cut at about 12' length. They fit the processor well. The purchased load ranges from 16'6" to 19'. A little long for the trough. For now I've just set a lift of pallets at the end and gives enough support. Not the best solution but works. I may also just cut the logs in half. But that increases feed time. I'll build something this year to improve.
It was -15 C yesterday. Sitting about a month and fired right up. I'm still amazed a what it can pull through it. Some of the purchased stuff is pretty rough. This machine is built solid. No complaints.
Let me know if I can help.
Mike.
Bell 1000 Wood Processor. Enercraft 30HTL, Case 580SL. Kioti 7320.

Thank You Sponsors!