iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whew!!  Done Logging for now

Started by Corley5, April 14, 2002, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Cut the last of the maples for season today 8).  The guys from the mill brought their Timberjack forwarder ( just like Nemo's) out yesterday to get the last ones out the woods.  We finished up about five this afternoon.  Eveything is bucked and stacked and the veneer logs are ready for the buyer.  He's coming out Wednesday morning.  They've hauled out twelve half loads so far of sawlogs with another 6 or seven to go of maple and there are probably 10 half loads of basswood to haul too.  Frost laws are the reason for the half loads.  I wish the basswood was worth what the maple is :(.  They're also going to haul the big tooth aspen, black cherry, and yellow birch up to my mill for me.  Way simpler than screwing around with the loader tractor and trailer.  We almost did a Nemo with the forwarder today.  A vernal pond formed from the snow melt.  I'd been skidding right through it with the cable machine when there was snow still on.  The last day it was warm and more water laying in it but no problem.  Just splash on through ;D.  Today Rex had a full load on the forwarder and after looking at the situation decided to go around one edge of it.  He made it almost through and luckily his front tires were on solid ground before the back sank.  It was right to the planetaries.  He bailed the load off and the old girl clawed her way out 8).  I thought we were going to have to get the neighbor to come over with his old HD6 AC dozer to do a rescue.  I'm glad to be done with the project :)  Now to get the mill fired up and have some fun 8).
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Frank_Pender

Corley5,

Yes, the last day is always one for celebration and so close to a negative situation.  Glad you all had the good luck to not get the forewarder hunkered down in the "puddle".  ;)
Frank Pender

Ron Scott

Iron Mule Stuck in Muck. Went right where I said not to go. Large wrecker bill followed.

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!