iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Building a new home, returning to the farm.

Started by SwampDonkey, January 11, 2018, 12:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRANITEstateMP

Lookin' good!  Are the garage and shop gonna be done after the house is complete?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

We dug out the old well box and exposed the top of the well casing on Friday. We have to put on 8 feet of pipe to bring it above grade. We had over 2" of rain Saturday night, so it got a little soupy down there. In fact like a big wash tub of water. :D She all drained away laterally through, down is solid bedrock. ;)  There is the old water line.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

petefrom bearswamp

Lookin good SD
Bet the missus is anxious to get in.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

SwampDonkey

Monday we put an 8 foot extension on the well. We have to do a little more digging to put the water line and power through to the house. We hooked up the power, so we are live wired now. And we put down the maple flooring. The furnace man will probably be here with the furnace and air exchanger by the end of this week. :)

SwampDonkey

Maple flooring, of course I am checking rockability standards. :D

Basement steps

Railing

Screening
inside

outside

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Right now, the screen door is not on, so the screens are keeping the blow flies in. :D ;D

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Weekend_Sawyer

Boy, looking at those pix I can almost smell the new house smell!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

GRANITEstateMP

Is the existing barn you can see from the porch pictures yours?  Part of the original farm?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

SwampDonkey

samandothers

I like the looks of the maple floor!   

Are the railings aluminum?

SwampDonkey

Yes the railings are aluminum, and strong and rigid. :)

I thought we had decided on iron railing from a local guy but these work just as well. These had to be special order because of the span between posts. I'm fine with them. :)

rjwoelk

Looking great. Will be good to get infront of the loom and do some creative designs. In your new home.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

SwampDonkey

Doors,stairs and cupboards.....and lots of firewood. :D 

Noticed some birdseye figure (photo) in the maple on one drawer face. ;) The shelves pull out, no reaching behind on hand and knees. :D All the cupboard doors are on European hinges with those easy close gadgets on them so they don't slam.

Stairway handrail of maple with brackets used to mount them (got the brackets at Lee Valley). Steps are maple. I need two more coats of finish, sand between the coats.

Pine doors throughout, except the broom closet and my bedroom door is hard maple. Another big walk in closet with a set of pine doors not shown.

Had to wait 8 weeks for that maple door, and $800 later. ::)

Doors all waiting to be varnished.

Firewood room inside and free standing racks outside (braced corners and across top). There is over 6 cord stacked now and 2 more to be stored. I believe the wood room holds 5 cords. ;)

Until next time........ smiley_horserider

Magicman

Thanks for the update.  You've gotta be getting antsy. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Yep! The plumber comes Monday to finish up. Got the submersible in the well on Thursday, so hopefully the electrical will be finished up this week to. The room doors all need varnished. Still waiting for the moulding on the dormer window. ::)

samandothers

A lot has gone on!  It is really looking good.

How do you control or deal with bugs in all that inside wood?

SwampDonkey

samandothers

That should do it, they don't disembark.  You have a nice set up!

GRANITEstateMP

Swampdonkey,

Are you moved in?  How did it all come out,happy?  Did you run into anything unexpected or something go sideways?  Seems like you had some great contractors to work with
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

SwampDonkey

Yes, I moved in on October 12th. Only a couple things that moved a bit slow. One was waiting for rubberwood for the dormer window. Another is a window repair, it was not put together right at the factory. They are fixing that Nov 13, after months. The problem there is the window company getting parts to the repair man, who is a third party. No one knows what the other is doing most of the time. :D Special order items are a bit on the slow side, like cupboards and a hardwood door 8 to 10 week slow.  :D

Still arranging things in the weaving studio or 'great room' on the second floor. ;)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Thanks for the update SD.  Hopefully more pictures will follow.  smiley_thumbsup

Thank You Sponsors!