iDRY Vacuum Kilns

"Insert image in post" not working for me, glitch?

Started by Brad_bb, January 19, 2018, 07:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

I have some new pics in my gallery and wanted to put them in a new post as normal, but clicking on the "Insert Image in Post" button in the gallery isn't inserting the Image (address with tags) in my post.  It's not putting anything there.  I've tried several times, closing the FF tab and going back in anew to no avail. Anybody else having this problem?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

thecfarm

I have the same problem. I have not rebooted, or tried anything to cure the problem. This is what I did to get me by.
This is above the photo that you want to post.

To use the above photo in a Forestry Forum post
Instructions: Click on code below to highlight, then right click and select copy (Ctrl c). This will copy the code below to your "clipboard". You may now paste this code where ever you would like the above photo to appear when making your post.

Than when I preview,the picture is there.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

I have to go back to the post after I copy to get the pix put up then paste.
A long way around, then from before.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jim_Rogers

It has been discussed before. I'm not sure what the solution will be.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Peter Drouin

I'm Happy just to be able to put up pixs. Ann pick up a new Dell laptop today, going to have my grandson move stuff from the old pc to the new one.
Maybe the pix thing will be different setup.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Copy and paste the code for your picture in the post. The click to insert is not working and I have no idea when or if it will again after this past upgrade of software
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

Big advantage of the "copy and paste" method is that it will work for  pretty much any browser / Operating System or security software. The background scripts that copy the code back to the original browser windows may not work in every scenario.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Don P

I never read the directions or scrolled down far enough to know there was an "insert image in post" button, the transition has been seamless  :D

Peter Drouin

The click and post for the pix is working for me now. Thanks boss,
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Don P

Likewise, I saw and used it on the "new" Win7 machine last night.

Plugged in the old ME laptop yesterday and ran a flash drive, that one can go abroad with manuals loaded in it  8)

Jeff

I've made several changes, hopeful improvements, to the adding a photo process. The sticking point for new people remains, that that they still have to create an album before they can get started sharing photos. After that, I think it is easy.

You should notice new placements for the insert photo for your own photos. On big hack is on the initial screen that you get after your photo(s) are first uploaded.  You now have an insert image there for each thump nail. So, if you uploaded 4 pictures as an example,you could insert all 4 in the post without leaving that screen to do it.

I've also added some instructions and a new insert link under the large photo. I had struggled for years on gtting this to work right and how to add the code, but had an epiphany on how to do it so was able to get it done the last couple days

thecfarm

Thank you Jeff. I noticed something last night in that area. Looks like New Additions has been made bigger too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Yes, I felt that we could increase the size with the new server. After getting over 17 years of posts and photos moved to the new server, it only took 5% of our new disc space. So, the math says we have room for awhile. Giant steps from where we started at the beginning of the 21st century!

Don P

I did hunt for a minute last night trying to find how to create a new album for the pics I was uploading and didn't see anything. Probably my rusty brain  :D

Jeff