iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yellow jackets... HELP

Started by WH_Conley, July 24, 2017, 05:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grouch

Quote from: Kbeitz on September 13, 2017, 09:51:25 AM
yellow jackets are beneficial insects. They feed their young on humans and insects that would
otherwise damage crops and ornamental plants in your garden.

This bunch has already shown themselves to be murderous with chemical and mechanical warfare against bugs. You trying to get them to make the yellow jacket extinct?!?!?
Find something to do that interests you.

MbfVA

Quote from: Kbeitz on September 13, 2017, 09:51:25 AM
yellow jackets are beneficial insects. They feed their young on humans and insects...

OK I'll bite. Give me some examples of the humans that they're after.

If they have no one in mind, I'll nominate the Little "man"  that runs North Korea right now. Down boys down, stay away from US political examples....
www.ordinary.com (really)

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

MbfVA

One of our vendors got bitten by a brown recluse spider. His recovery was long and unpleasant.  Lyme disease ticks are reputed to be more common as one goes farther to the northeast.

I make a point of bombing our crawlspace each time I need to go into it.   seems to nail those pesky tiny ants as well.

If you think those sharks sound bad, you should check out all the weird but very dangerous aquatic & land animals/insects that plague Australia. My sister-in-law and her husband lived there for 2 or 3 years and had to study that list on a regular basis.
www.ordinary.com (really)

trapper

They are persistent.  Had to evict them a third time from my mill frame this year.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

stanwelch

Another vote for Seven. I had a ground nest with two entrance holes. Mixed up a STRONG solution and sprayed 1/2 a gallon in each hole just after dark. Never saw a bee the next day. Score one. Couple days later found a steady stream of bees working into a crack behind the light by the front door. Not a good place. Tried liquid spray solution the first night -- didn't work well. Next night I poofed powdered Seven into and around the opening. Next morning -- no more bees. Score: 2-0
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

WH_Conley

I tried a little bit of everything. I didn't want to use Petroleum products around the mill and sawdust. By the time it was over I wound up putting Diesel in a pump up garden spray and spraying 2 entrance holes. Them closing them. I took an iron bar and jabbed straight down til felt a void and poured gas down it and sealed back up. That finally got the blasted things. I thought I was going to have quit sawing til winter.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!