iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need to heat a warming room that will heat 2 drums of product

Started by adamant, November 23, 2015, 05:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamant

i need to heat 2 drums of product for a process. the product needs a temp of 110 deg. the heating room is 6'x6'x8' high. i am looking to heat this with my boiler.

i am looking for a small heat reasonably priced exchanger . smallest i see is 50k btu.. to large

i was thinking  small hanging unit
central boiler 6048
son's off to collage and he was replaced with a timber wolf tw 5

LittleJohn

...are you saying the product needs to be kept at 110f   :o

I would just install an aditional loop of pipe, add a fancoil and a thermostat and be done.
...or if you are not concerned with ceiling height, is lay some pipe on the floor and pour another slab (floor) on top.  Just have to watch water temperatures going into slab

beenthere

A bit more info on what you want to accomplish and what your restraints are, would help with ideas.
Drums... meaning 55 gal steel?  Maintain 110 F for how long? Where is the "heating room" with respect to the boiler (and is it the OWB?) ?  Are you going to work in this room at 110 ? or just want the contents of the drum(s) to be that temp?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

r.man

One of the big considerations for heater size will be how fast the temp needs to increase in the barrels. If speed is not a consideration then the heater needs to be able to overcome outer wall losses from the room plus a bit more to bring the temp up to the 110 degree mark.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Ford_man

Grainger has drum heaters that just wrap around the drum and plug into an electric outlet.

adamant

thank you for your replys..i have a product in steel 55 gal drums that needs to be warmed so i can pump it. i am building a warming box that will hold 2 drums. temp of the liquid should be 90-110 deg . i want to utilize my owb loop coming in the building.
central boiler 6048

711ac

No matter what you come up with, good insulation is your friend, esp. under a slab if that's what they'll sit on. In a room that small, an old cast iron radiator would be easy and free or cheap if you can find one.

adamant

right now i have a 5x5x6 foot box i made that's insulated . i heat it with a electric oil filled radiator with a small fan. i can get that box to 120 deg with a lot more to go. i bypassed the inter thermostat and ran my own. due to the danger of doing it this way i wanted to utilize a loop from the owb.
central boiler 6048

Just Me

The guys that do spray foam insulation have drum warmer on their 55 gal barrels of product to keep it up to temp when working up here in the frozen North. May be more controllable and economical solution.

Example..... http://www.barrelwarmer.com/featured/industrial-drum-heating/

Larry

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

adamant

central boiler 6048

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!