iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I have gotten myself a 450 timberjack. Love it! But she needs some TLC

Started by 1st450Jack, August 01, 2018, 06:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st450Jack

Need some help understanding something's about timberjack. Clark Tran's 3 speed. Charge presser. Year model.ser # is 452788. Hydraulic filter was missing from the tank. Need a part #. were is the Tran's screen filter located. I think i know but can't get the nut loose. Break housing leeks. Every valve body leeks. She was really packed with dirt an gunk. Charge presser was 250 but now 100. But im on it. Need some info on parts an how to an were to an so on. Thanks. An she's sucking air. 

Firewoodjoe

1st450Jack

I'll try doing that. Still learning how to navigate the forum. Thanks 

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Logger RK

Welcome to The Forum,and to owning a Skidder. I don't have any TJ's,but a few TF's. 

mike_belben

Generic info here.  Bottom of the trans is likely the sump, and it probably has a cover with a strainer behind it.  Maybe an external pipe from down low up to a pump suction inlet.  That pump will make the transmissions flow and the relief valve just past it in the circuit (wherever it may physically be) will set pressure. The seat being pounded, rusted, cracked or jammed with a chip or Oring chunk will lower charge pressure.  As will broken, missing, incorrect or tired spring and any associated shims.  Large enough hydraulic leaks can also lower the ol blood pressure.  

Start with your worst leaks first.  My powershift komatsu lost reverse over a trans cooler leak.  
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!