iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Electric Al's "unlucky" maple

Started by oldsaw, October 24, 2003, 05:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsaw

So, I stop in to see Electric Al's setup...impressive I may add, and ended up buying some really pretty hard maple from him.  Must have been unlucky maple.  5 miles down the road, I blew out a fuel injector on my van  :'(, limped in to Cedar Rapids, successfully  :), got the Ford dealer to give me a loaner  :), got most of my work done  :), picked up my van  :), got a bill for $700 :'(.  Got in my van  :), finished my calls  :), started heading home  :), trouble again  >:(this time a coil pack  >:( , $275 later  >:(, I get back in and get home 3 1/2 hours late  >:(, have no cold beer  :'(, but order a pizza :), and tell my story on the FF  :).

That wood must have been the cause. But it is really pretty, and Al was very nice.  He just has to do a backwards anti-voodoo dance around the woodshed to rid the wood of the bad karma stuff.

Al, next time we will have to do lunch or something.

Mark  
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Jeff

I recommend the polish dogs just across the River from Davenport.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pappy

Murphy must ta been under da hood

stay tuff  
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

LSUNo1

Sounds like it truly was "hard" maple. ;D

ElectricAl

Oldsaw,

Sorry to hear about the van troubles. The Maple was nice, but it's not worth $975 extra :o

Now in defense of Linda and Myself,  Arkansawyer made it here and back fine. Oakiemac made a successful trip too. Even Horselogger made it over and back with no problems.
We have been inspected by InspectorWoody, and no complaints ;)

So,  I'm not convinced we affected a Polish dog or a Mexican injector any >:(

Guess what fellas,  Norm and Patty are coming Saturday ;D, and we're going to have a blast sawing with out ya :D.

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ElectricAl

You never know when Charlie might show up, we'll see ;)

;D  
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Gus

oldsaw,
Sounds like you could have had it delivered cheaper.  ::)
Heck you coulda' stayed home and drank cold beer and ate pizza. ;D
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

oldsaw

Electric Al and Linda...Them's good people.

Thanks again Al, and I promise not to hold any grudges.

PS: The pizza and beer were good.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

oakiemac

Yeah, I made the 7 hour trip to Electric Al's with almost no problems. We were some where in Illinois, going through a traffic snarle (road construction) with a six inch drop off in the right lane. Well the driver decided that that would be a good time to take a snooze and we almost went off the edge with the trailer and our newly bought Ford fork lift tractor! I think it would of completely flipped the whole rig over. After that I drove the rest of the way home.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

ElectricAl

Thank You Sponsors!