iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magic Bucks 2017

Started by Magicman, October 01, 2017, 02:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I had to wait for the propane man so PatD went to the StrawHouse.  She saw the same 8 point that we have seen many times, a 4, 3 spikes, and several does.

Note:  The 8 point is pictured on the right in Reply 44.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

davidmw

Woodland Mills hm126, Stihl ms441, Husqvarna 455, Echo cs500, Echo271, Massey gc1710 tractor, Woodmaster Belt sander, Shop Fox Molder, Dewalt planer, Jet Table saws, Milwaukee routers. The fun is just beginning.....

Magicman

Yes he is good but not a "wow" buck.  We will keep watching. 

I saw nothing this morning, but the weather front is just getting here.  I expect that this evening will be busy.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on December 01, 2017, 12:28:44 PM
I saw 6 deers dis morning, 3 smoked suckers, and then guess what showed up?

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

This evening was good for sitting and watching.  We saw an 8, a 7, a 4, and a couple of does.  Cold rain coming tonight and tomorrow.  It is forecast to get into the teens for a couple of nights.

thecfarm

smoked sucker and smoked suckers come out da same. yoozguys have ta be careful about what yoozguys say,at times,eh.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Banjo picker

Youuzeguys gona hunt or saw in dez wather?  Banjomonie
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

coxy

you guys in the frozen north had me all screwed up thinking I'm posting in one only to look and I was in another  :D :D

Magicman

A Grandson's Friend got a nice buck yesterday that he had seen several times.

No brow tines making him a 7 Point.

WV Sawmiller

Very pretty dear deer. Congratulations. We need to get more young women involved in hunting IMHO.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I saw 13 this evening and a 5 point (no brow times) was the largest buck.  The fun thing was 30 turkeys with two strutting toms.

Magicman

I saw 2 bucks this morning.  I would have had to make a decision on one of them if the wind had not betrayed me.....but it did.   :-\

Magicman

I saw several does, a spike, forkie, and then a nice "shooter" 8 point came out.  I was enjoying watching him when a "smack daddy" strolled out.  A heavy wide 8 point.  Nope, I didn't shoot him either.  It's exciting to see bucks like that some of which should make it to next year.

My camera is at home.  I tried phone pictures but they didn't work that late in the evening.

Jeff

I'm learning how good it feels to let bucks walk.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I just talked with my Black Locust customer.  Those 2" of rain this morning has us mucked out for tomorrow so I'll just have to go hunting again tomorrow.  ;D

Banjo picker

We picked up a nice buck yesterday that had been killed on the road.   Sometimes letting them walk works out...sometimes not.  I work for Mdot and we picked up 6 deer within about a mile of my place last year. Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

I saw a small 7 point (only one brow time) this morning.  I have a camera to take with me this evening but no way to upload pictures.  Laptop is at home.

Magicman

I didn't get to use the camera because this guy was chasing a doe.  She dashed out of the timber and he followed giving me a chance to take him as he crossed a small opening.

He is a 6 point with only one brow tine.  He was old looks like 5-6 years.  A real trophy, and yesterday's "Smack Daddy" is still there.  Pat saw this one last week and she could not get a shot because he was moving fast.

And his tarsal gland was funky big time!!   :o

Magicman

In Reply #85 I mentioned seeing 30 turkeys.

I couldn't get them all in this picture and only one was strutting but it was a beautiful sight.   :)

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Well it looks like you got 28 of them, Lynn!   ;D

Nice picture!   :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Yup, that is what I counted too Chuck.  The other two were to the right.   ;D

I have a Grandson at the Cabin this evening and tomorrow hunting.  I am glad that it is him and not me because this North wind is fierce plus hunting my property with a North wind is problematic at best.  It's forecast to get down to 14° Tuesday night. 

Hopefully I can saw a small job (~10 logs) for a repeat lady customer Monday.

Magicman

The Grandson took a doe yesterday evening. 

My plans are to be at the Cabin for about a week beginning later this week.  There is no better way to close out the season which ends on the 31st.

WV Sawmiller

Congrats to the grandson. Hope you guys have a great time at the cabin closing out the season.

Back to the turkeys I can't think of many things harder than trying to get an accurate count on a large bunch of turkeys. They are always in motion and moving back and forth. Every time they see a bug or likely looking seed or nut they rush over to it. I have watched them when the old hen would get separated from the younger birds by a field fence and it is comical watching them going frantic trying to get back with her. And all any would have to do is just hop up and fly over the 4' fence.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on January 08, 2018, 08:01:59 PM
I'm learning how good it feels to let bucks walk. 
Jeff made this comment back on the 8th.  He got to exercise that feeling this week.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!