iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Freezing my butt off wishing it was still duck season.

Started by AdirondackMill, February 16, 2015, 05:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdirondackMill

3rd Generation Sawmill in the foothills of the Adirondacks. Making big timber is what I love.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

AdirondackMill

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 16, 2015, 09:42:54 PM
Quote from: AdirondackMill on February 16, 2015, 05:55:35 PM
Any other waterfowl fanatics kicking around?

Must be a Northern thang.  :D
That's just crazy. I know other duck and goose hunters from all the way down on Captiva Island Florida and even met a guy on the outer banks that takes time of to get his duck hunt on. And how bout them boys in Louisiana?
3rd Generation Sawmill in the foothills of the Adirondacks. Making big timber is what I love.

timberking

I finished up about 4 weeks ago.  Waiting on April to turkey hunt and then transition to fish.

AdirondackMill

Quote from: timberking on February 17, 2015, 04:40:19 PM
I finished up about 4 weeks ago.  Waiting on April to turkey hunt and then transition to fish.
I hear that our Turkey opens May 1st. Trout season opens April 1st and depending on when the Ice goes out I start going out for Catfish mid April. April seems like a loooooong ways away right now. I'm really missing duck and goose season here right now. There are still a few local birds around because of the Hudson river, its about the only place there is any open water right now.

pabst79

I do LOVE chasing waterfowl, used to follow them from Kindersley, Saskatchewan down to the boot heel of Missouri down around Kennet. Last few years I haven't made it out of Wisconsin, but maybe next year. Last 3 years have been great lots of Mallard, Gadwall, Widgeon and divers. Going to a DU banquet in BRF Saturday night.  8)
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

AdirondackMill

Quote from: pabst79 on February 19, 2015, 03:07:57 PM
I do LOVE chasing waterfowl, used to follow them from Kindersley, Saskatchewan down to the boot heel of Missouri down around Kennet. Last few years I haven't made it out of Wisconsin, but maybe next year. Last 3 years have been great lots of Mallard, Gadwall, Widgeon and divers. Going to a DU banquet in BRF Saturday night.  8)
Out here I get Mallards, black ducks, Wood Ducks, Green Wing Teal, and Mergansers. I seen a Ruddy Duck once not far from my favorite duck spot. Other than that I love going for the Honkers. We have a lot of corn fields locally so Goose season is usually pretty productive.

Dave Shepard

I don't hunt ducks, but my great uncle was big into it. After leaving his job as Director of MA Fisheries and Game, he worked for Ducks Unlimited, ending up as Director of National and International operations.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

pabst79

I've never hunted on the east coast, so I haven't seen the projects DU has done out there (other than in the magazine). Seen some pretty awesome stuff in N Dakota and Manitoba, the ducks have been having really good nesting rates. Geese too!  8)
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

Thank You Sponsors!