iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2018 15th annual PiGROAST RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2018, 04:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Here is a question and an answer:
Can you name a list of things that it took to give the chainsaw away this year?

1. An old grill rotisserie motor
2. A blue tooth speaker
3. A big fake rock.
4. A hundred foot of rope.
5. A hundred feet of para-cord.
6. A big pulley from a snow mobile junkyard.
7. A small pulley
8. A 6' by 10' American flag.
9. An old cassette recorder
10. A Wood-Mizer potato chip bag clip two 5/16s bolts and 12 feet of wire.
11. 200 ft of extension cords, one highly modified.
12. 120 Tootsie Pop suckers.
13. A strange mind.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

Say when

petefrom bearswamp

:D :D :D Roxie.
Lots of great photos so far, but I still cant get mine on my chromebook yet
Linda and i both got valuable door prizes, a box of WM double hard blades apiece.
She cant wait to use hers.
Checked with Jack at Hannibal and I can pick them up there.
It is only 50 miles and will make a nice short day trip with a long lunch for Linda and I.
Glad everyone is home safe so far. 
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

Magicman

I'll start a topic in the ID Board for the Mystery Wood.  ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky........He only gives you a quarter of the data.   SNEAKY. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Roxie on August 07, 2018, 04:57:37 PM
12 & 13
Me and Julie are coming.
So that makes 14 & 15.
Oh I thought you were getting a count for next year. 😫
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Jeff

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

fat olde elf

Got home to NC Tuesday night after visiting non-Forum friends in MI.
Really enjoyed my 14th Pig Roast with old friends and new friends. Glad to see 100 plus folks and really missed Cedarman, Custom Sawyer and others....Many thanks to Jeff, Tammy, and family !!!  Looking forward to next year already.  I meet with my surgeon and cardiologist in a few days when I anticipate being released to resume making sawdust after over 9 months off. Say me some prayers. I need all the help I can get.....Thanks again to Brandy for the bands, sweet girl to help an old geezer. Fat Olde Elf PS Chet, Bonnie and I have you in our Methodist prayers.... 
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

olcowhand

Here's a pic of the finely crafted (no, the one on the left.....) work of art that Yukon Cornelius donated as a Door Prize. I was fortunate to have won this item, and we treasure it. I'm constructing a frame this weekend, so we can enjoy it as intended.
Big thanks to Jeff, Tammy, Family- and all Sponsors and Members who donated Items.

Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Jeff

DR_Buck

Kitty and I finally arrived at home from the Pig Roast.  We drove really, really, really slow...  :D

Actually we took the scenic route when we left Jeff's place.   We went north into the UP, then across Wisconsin. Minnesota and into South Dakota where we visited with my long lost daughter and participated in the Sturgis motorcycle rally.    Total miles driven on the truck pulling the camper were 4007 move_it, plus another 1000 or so on the Can Am Spyder  bike_rider sightseeing around Sturgis.   We checked off a couple bucket list items such as Mount Rushmore  thumbs-up , Devil's Tower  Montana  smiley_devil, and of course the bike rally in Sturgis smiley_mad_crazy.  

I took a lot of photos while at the Pig Roast and think I should have captured everyone that was there.  Rather than spend an entire day posting them to this thread, I put them in an album in my gallery.   You can find all of them here:

http://forestryforum.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=8624

Enjoy.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Magicman

PatD's Pig Roast door prize came today:

Yup she got me a box of 15 "Turbo 7° Blades".  She is a good woman.   :)

Thanks again to Wood-Mizer and all of the other Sponsors that help make the Forestry Forum the valuable Go-To site that it is.  :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

olcowhand

I thought we had to pose in the pic of our Items ("No Pic, It didn't happen")......
This string could use some beauty in the pic (I mean of her...) after I had to post one of me.

trapper

got a email they got the order for my blades today.  The way woodmizer and logrite  support the forum and the pigroast I would feel guilty looking anywhere else for milling supplies. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

LeeB

I haven't mailed my coupon off yet. I put it in my wallet at the Pig Roast and it's still there gathering dust. Will have to wait until I get back home now. Wonder if I can scan it and email it to them?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

petefrom bearswamp

Heading to Boonville Saturday to take in the show and pick up our TWO boxes of 7 turbos which Linda and I won at the roast and 2 sets of bench legs from Kevin and Tammy.
Glad to hear all have arrived at home safely, stay well my friends.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Peter Drouin

Looks like a good time by all, Thanks for sharing.  8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Pete,

Y'all have a bad case of the two's  :).  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DPatton

As said earlier in this topic in my reply post #180 I left the hog roast with some really nice prizes from the generously sponsors. Below are two of the prizes that Stephanie and I won. 

:o :o :o Yep, never expected to take home anything this generous. Two cases of new bands. One case of Turbo 7*s and one case of Vortex blades. Thank you Forestry Forum and Woodmizer for your generosity. 
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Pretty good pay for helping slice up a hog.  :)

olcowhand

I also would like to follow up with a pic of one (actually two...) of my prizes (You all don't need to see some of that good Vermont Maple Syrple, which I also won- on a Pancake).
On August 10th, I posted a pic of some ugly guy standing next to a very nice Cedar Swing. I finally completed the Frame and got it mounted. We've all taken it for a spin, and we love this piece of art that is also a great vehicle to enjoy leisure time.
In this case, Yukon Cornelius donated this item. Thanks Larry and all FF Members and Sponsors that donated to this great event. Thanks again for putting this together, Jeff, Tammy and Family.
BTW; If you are the donor of the Vermont Maple Syrup, please IM me. Nothing negative; We love it, but I would like to thank you personally, and ask your opinion on something....

Thank You Sponsors!