iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coming out

Started by pasbuild, February 17, 2009, 07:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasbuild

Been getting ready for our local builders show, this will be our first exposure to the general public , putting together a heartwood Birdseye Maple kitchen display

the rock guy templating the cooktop island for granite

I know how much Kent likes pics so I will add some as we get er done ;D :D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Burlkraft

I thought you was gonna tell us about the time you and Chet was in the sauna up at Pat's camp!  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pasbuild

SwampDonkey

Nightmares, that's all I got to say.  sail_smiley yikes_smiley

Oh, and let me be clear, the island is looking nice. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tyb525

:D

Is the birdseye a veneer?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

pasbuild

Nope      its all 4/4 right out of the kiln

Burlkraft

Looks good Bob  8)  8)  8)

I was just watchin' the news and it looks like you guy's are gonna git some more snow.  :o  :o

I'd come up for the show, but I'm becoming allergic to snow  ;D  ;D  ;D

pasbuild

MORE SNOW :o   I shoveled a good 20" off the walk to the shop this morning  >:(
If ya get a little case of cabin fever and want ta come up this way to see the show I would be more then happy ta put ya up fer a couple a days, its worth going ta the show just ta see this
guys work   http://www.birdseye-connection.com/the.store?cart_id=5044147.22146&page=rockers.html   

Jeff

I've seen his stuff at a logging congress a few years back.  You need a second mortgage to buy anything. That's not an exaggeration.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Yeah, there sure are a few fellas out there with a following, some with a rich taste. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

pasbuild, that is some serious rock'n.  :o Imagine the hours  put into those and have someone come along and insult ya with, "I'll give ya $150 bucks for it."  :-X Keep the blood pressure pills handy.

pasbuild

There worth every penny that Dave gets for them, his shop is not much different then mine thats all hand work yer lookin at

SwampDonkey

DanG

Wow!  Those rockers are incredible!  I guess folks are finding the prices tolerable enough, as all but one of them have been sold. :)

Thanks Bob.  Just looking at the pics was a treat!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pasbuild

They really are incredible Dan, every joint is flawless, only the best figured woods are used
ya really have ta see them up close ta appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into one of them.

tyb525

WOW solid figured wood (!!) I guess I though it might be veneer because I could see no joint lines! That's simply amazing!

Tom Sawyer

That's not furniture, that's art :o

isawlogs

Shew !!!!  MAn was I afraid to open this thread up  :'(   But sure glad I did , you doing a fine job there and I am sure there will be plenty that will notice and want some of your craftmenship in there homes .  8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pasbuild

We started setting up our display for the show today, its held at the Superior Dome on the campus of NMU

oakiemac

Hope the show goes well for you. I see you still got a lot of that white cold fluffy stuff. We got rid of most of ours and it was a good riddance. ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

chet

Sorry ole Bob had ta go an disappoint ya Steve.  ;)  Ya gotta remember "what happens in da Sauna , stays in da Sauna"   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Burlkraft

'Bout time you chimed in about that  :D  :D  :D

It's hard to get a rise outta you guy's lately  :D  :D

pasbuild

The show ran from 5:00 to 8:00 tonight, pretty good crowd I'm sure the balmy weather had something to do with that

Something we got involved with is this comfort cart

It will hold items to aid in comforting terminally ill cancer patients, we designed and donated this to one of our clients who is heading this prodject.

I also found a little time to visit with the master

Dave even let me sit in his chair

It feels as good as it looks.

SwampDonkey

That work is awesome. Gotta love that figured wood. I have not had the pleasure to use any yet. Gotta see if I can "cabbage" some this summer. ;D That cart is a nice idea to.  :)

Wish I could get some birds eye yellow birch locally, I've seen it, but it was someone's firewood.  :-X

Thank You Sponsors!