iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

To many fish

Started by Larry, May 28, 2006, 04:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

per acre is what the fisheries biologist said when he shocked the pond last week.

It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it to help out the fish. :D  Took 2 limits of bass, 2 limits of crappie, few gills and sunfish.  We may have to repeat this all summer for the fishes benefit.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

sawguy21

Man, you have it tough. :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

UNCLEBUCK

Good for you Larry , thats a fine mess of fish anywhere !  Bass fishing opened here yesterday and my nephew was raring to go at 4:45am  ::)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Coon

We have been limiting out on walleye nearly everytime we go fishing at our local lake.  We haven't been in the boat or canoe yet this season but it's approaching fast as the weeds are groing fast.  All of these fish are in the pound to pound and a half range from shore and up to 4 pounds from a boat.  Not too bad for the lake freezing out 4 winters ago.  They have stocked it with 1 million fingerlings each spring. 
  However one tragedy we are having this year is the high water levels.  There is still minimum of 6 inches of water flowing through the man-made dam and more during rainy weather.  The wallye left the lake this spring to spawn and many can not get back into the lake due to a the large drop from the water going through the dam (about4 feet).  What we need is a fish ladder but the department of natural resources officials and waterways officials will not put them in and not allow the public to put them in.  All we need to put in is a bunch of rocks and stones  just like steps.  What's so environmentally wrong about this??????

The heads of some people...... ??? ??? ???

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

jon12345

Will they give you a permit to stock from below the dam to above it in the lake? Usually they won't do this but if its the only alternative, or maybe some covert operations to help them out without the permit  :D

Our bass season does not open here until 3rd saturday in June but I caught a few brook trout and whitefish so far along with about 100 or so mad toms.  I release everything since I don't really eat that much fish, but when I do decide I want to go catch some for a meal they decide they aren't hungry  :D

Any of ya know what a fallfish is?  Usually I catch a few of them and they are the biggest I catch out of the stream here, 2-3 lbs. I read on our state website they only get to 17" but I know thats I lie because I've caught em over 20"  Maybe there will be a record in my future  ???
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

sawguy21

The fisheries people may not want undesirable species to use the ladders to reach the lake where they will compete for the available food supply. Smallmouth bass and perch are not native to this area yet have snuck in and wreaked havoc with the local fish population. Once in, they are impossible to eradicate.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jon12345

The state has reclaimed a few lakes here by blockin them off and poisoning, then waiting til the poison went away and then restocked them with native strains of brook trout, but NY has a lot of non native species and out of place species from people stocking with their livewells and bait buckets.

A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Coon

There is no other species of fish that would matter if they got into the lake.  I heard today that a couple of guys caught some northern pike in the lake.   Most thought the lake winter killed completely.  I never believed that for a second.  It takes alot to freeze out a lake.  The water level were definately down but there is some large hoiles in the lake with depths of 50 feet.  You only need 15 feet minimum water for a normal winter survival rate. 

Brad.

Coon

Went out fishing again last night and.........   there was about a dozen people in our spot.  Needless to say we left and went to another spot after a SHORT while.  Turned out to be a STINKY SITUATION as we got SKUNKED.

It's not the first time I got skunked, but it is this fishing season.

Brad.

Thank You Sponsors!