iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ideas on mink trapping

Started by Part_Timer, October 26, 2006, 09:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Here ya go. This forum is secured, because of the ANTI's everything. Guy named Jim runs the place. Contact him and tell him that Harold in Fl sentcha.  ;) ;)

Click here
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Part_Timer

Thanks FDH  That is a cool sight.  Im registered and reading like crazy.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Robert R

Y'all think catching skunks is a bad thing.  Their are one of the most profitably animals on the trapline if you sell the skunk juice too.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

TW

I saw that ideas for minktrapping were asked for.

I would say a mousetrap. ;D
A friend got a mink in the mousetrap in his basement. The mink was killed instantly.

He is too economical to buy enough factory made mousetraps. :D :D I am glad he is.

Wild minks are a real pain here. They do not belong to the natural fauna and have no other enemies tha humans. Those dang animals multiply like...minks and eat like...minks. smiley_furious smiley_furious smiley_hanged. People do their best to extinct them but with little sucsess. Though they manage to keep down the number of them.

End of rambling and rant

SwampDonkey

Robert? You gonna squeeze the juice?  ::)  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I could see a weasel  moving in the basement, they catch mice and rats. Had them around the potato sheds cleaning out the bin of rodents. You see him go in one hole at the bottom and then all the sudden he'd up there 20 feet on a cross beam on the hunt.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thurlow

Some ex-major league ballplayer.........Bo Belinsky, I think........usta tell about their place being overrun with rats when he was a teenager.  His folks blocked off all the (rat) holes but two; borrowed a ferret and put it in one hole and stationed him at the other with a baseball bat.  Directly here comes a terrified rat out; he swung and missed;  here comes another; he swung and missed.  Musta missed 50 of 'em.  Finally here comes one slow and cautious; just sticks his head out;  Bo nailed him...........................it was the ferret;  decided he was a pitcher, not a hitter. 8)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Robert R

I cut the glands out and save them till I have a bunch and then go far away from home and extract with a syringe.  Brings $10 to $15 an ounce and you can get 1 to almost 2 ounces from a skunk.  Add that to the $4 or $5 you can get for the pelt and they are more valuable than a coyote or fox hide.  Wear old clothes you can burn and nitrile gloves.  Use only glass bottles and discard the syringe.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Onthesauk

Robert, who do you sell to and what is it used for?  Can't imagine what you would buy it for.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Robert R

You can sell it on just about trapping forum.  Folks use it in making lures and baits.  Most trapping supply stores will buy it from you or trade for merchandise.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

SwampDonkey

smiley_smelly_skunk

Nasty stuff. One of them jobs that someone has to do, as long as it ain't me. ;)

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on October 26, 2006, 10:10:39 PM
  Ever do Fox or Coyote's ??

I've heard that Pigs is smarter than coyotes but I don't believe it. I think them coyotes is smarter than most anything in the wild.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Murf

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 22, 2006, 02:28:44 AM
smiley_smelly_skunk

Nasty stuff. One of them jobs that someone has to do, as long as it ain't me. ;)

Where's that Mike Rowe feller from TV?   ::)

Boy have we got a "Dirty Job" fer him this week!!   :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

SwampDonkey

That old skunk's gonna start jump'in when Robert puts the squeeze on with his juicer. We might end  up calling for Super Dave Osborne. ;D

I used to love those 'Bizarre' shows. :D :D

Murf

Nah Donk, it's more of a Red Green & Bill Smith (the silent klutz) type of a job.  :D  :D

"Ah Bill, I'm not sure that's a possum."

"Oh my, nope, no, Bill, I'm *sure* now that wasn't a possum!!!"
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Robert R

This is off topic of the thread but I just caught my first coyote this morning.  Interesting thing was that I also caught a red fox about 5 feet from him.  I wish I knew the order of events there. 

BTW, that skunk thing isn't as bad as it sounds provided you are very careful and have very steady hands. 
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

TexasTimbers

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Part_Timer

Well so far trapping season is a bust.  taylor caught a coon in a snare the other night.  She asked if she could hava a full body mount so I called a guy at work that is learning and he said he'd make me a deal if I would come down to his place and help him catch a few coons for practice so Sunday class begins.  We also caught a squirrel in a conni this morning. 

We're butting heads with the deer hunters so we've backed out for a bit.  We move to another ditch in two weeks.  It should be better. 

Zac found a hole in the bank of the river under a washed out tree   He crawled down under it and made a set and almost went in.  I laughed so hard I just about went in.  We may not be cathing much fur but we're having fun.

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Terry Dean

Quote from: asy on October 27, 2006, 11:29:59 AM
'for fun' was probably the wrong phrase.

No offence was meant.

I meant for a reason other than sustenance.

does that make sense?

asy :D

Hey all.
I've been trappin since early childhood and now enjoy it with my daughter (9) and my son (4). They both love it. Especially my daughter. Every summer when it starts to grow unbearably hot she will say, dad, I sure wish November 4 would come quicker, I miss trapping allready. Ha ha. Anyway, we do it both for fun and Profit.

Thank You Sponsors!