iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Unimog Tree Hauling Beast !

Started by ~smokey~, February 06, 2016, 03:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~smokey~

I think I love this truck almost as much as I love my wood stove.
https://youtu.be/dyrfZkkpENU

thechknhwk

Those trucks are badazz, is that yours?

~smokey~

I wish it was, check out DuĊĦan Priwitzer he has another dozen videos of the truck in action on youtube, amazing stuff I couldn't stop watching :-)

47sawdust

The truck yes,the muddy logs I'll pass.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Logger RK

These days around where I'm at. They'd be calling for more ticket books cause they'd run out if they seen that. But 30 years ago my Brother had a 6X6 army truck with a Prentice F loader with a winch on back. Had more fun with that rig then we probly should've. I still have the loader & going to put it on something someday but not sure what yet. 8)

Mooseherder

I have a Prentice loader I want to put on a 6x6 Deuce.  Do you remember how he was running the hydraulics?  I have a Detroit to run the Hydraulics but would rather run it off the PTO if it's possible.

mog5858

got to love them Mog's lol sounds good too

Puffergas

Quote from: Mooseherder on February 06, 2016, 09:51:19 AM
I have a Prentice loader I want to put on a 6x6 Deuce.  Do you remember how he was running the hydraulics?  I have a Detroit to run the Hydraulics but would rather run it off the PTO if it's possible.

My GMC with automatic with PTO that runs front winch. Put a sprocket on the shaft to run pump.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Logger RK

What I remember of the Hyd's on the 6X6 was,he put a pto on the side of the tranny. Think it came with a manual 4 speed with a cover on passenger side I believe for a pto.He also added a tranny for crawling speeds but would leave the second one in neutral & first one in the gear that pump worked best. Added oil tank & filters. Actually used it after we got a cable Skidder. Loaded trucks with it. Now my Son is eyeing it up to put on his Chipper.

Mooseherder

I may have everything on hand to do it except the linkage from the PTO to pump.

Logger RK

I think he made bunks for the back out of a old IH single axle frame. Cut the sides at the places they turned up & wielded back with reinforcements. Worked good for putting the 8 foot logs in. Never broke off. Held around 2 cord. Good size load for that rig.

Oliver05262

Maybe revive an old thread with a new picture.............. I saw this beside the road the other day as I was going in to a job. Don't know anything about it except it's pretty neat and looks to be in good shape. He seems to be all ready for winter.
 He'll need it, maybe---------------in Florida, Mass.

Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Thank You Sponsors!