iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So, I am looking for some land..

Started by brianb88, March 30, 2014, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianb88

.. for sale and I found some close to home this weekend.  I found the address on a realtors site and decided to "ride" by yesterday to have a look.  It just so happened the land owner was there and we spoke briefly.  He invited me to come back for a 4-wheeler riding tour today if I was interested.  I took him up on the offer and met with him this afternoon.  We rode over his property and talked a little bit.  While there I noticed several logs just waiting to be milled.  I asked if he had a sawmill..  ;D  He couldn't wait to show me and I couldn't wait to see  8).

We spent the better part of the afternoon talking about various aspects of sawmilling and him showing me the pros and cons of his mill.  I learned a lot and it just made me want a mill that much more.  It really is a small world.  I have just recently begun looking for a sawmill and stumbled upon this opportunity less than 4 miles away.   :)
Measure twice, cut once

Chuck White

Caution........ Bryan; you're catching the sawdust bug in the midst of a land purchase!

If it's priced within your range, looks like you'll start out, "all set up"!  8)

You can learn a lot from an old sawyer!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Make sure he knows where the property lines are!!! If planning on on living there,does electricity go by the land? If it stops a few thousand feet before the land,it could be pricey to bring it in.
Should be some shows coming up for sawmills. Good luck!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Sounds interesting.  Keep us updated on your new adventure.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Holmes

Brianb88   Great short story. :) Sounds like your new adventures begin  8)
Think like a farmer.

wwsjr

Welcome to the Forum "neighbor". Not far away from you, I am south of Fulton. WM open house is at Newnan, GA on May 3. Might be a good trip for you if interested. I always learn something at their shows. Come down for a visit sometime.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

petefrom bearswamp

Welcome and good luck with purchasing some land.
As someone once said, buy land they aint making any more of it.
It is wonderful owning a piece of the rock
and a sawmill would just be a great bonus.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Red Good

I would be looking to get the mill included in the purchase of the land  if you go forward with this peice .
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

kczbest

Sounds like a new adventure is about to begin for you. I have an extensive real estate background so if you need a nickel's worth of free advice specific to Mississippi feel free to hit me up.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Thank You Sponsors!