iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new toy...tool

Started by sandhills, April 18, 2015, 12:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

My friend and I went together to buy it Sunday and bought this at an auction

Ray, just for you I took a picture of it with the rock in front of it (OK so it's actually a chunk of concrete I chisel plowed up tearing up another garden spot) I thought you might get a kick out of that though  ;).  Not my first choice for a payloader at all but one I know the history on and a nice little clean/straight machine, hopefully it will serve us well.

thecfarm

That looks good. Don't look all banged up.Park something like that here and you would see a rock about 100 feet in any direction. I could move some rocks with that.   ;D  But now I need something to dig the rocks out with. I have just about got all the rocks I can dig out with a 40hp tractor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

That's a clean looking machine there, Pat.

That grapple will get lots of use!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now thats a BACK SCRATCHER!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

That looks like a very beefed up machine.  Congrats!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

slider

al glenn

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

GAB

Quote from: thecfarm on April 18, 2015, 06:23:24 AM
That looks good. Don't look all banged up.Park something like that here and you would see a rock about 100 feet in any direction. I could move some rocks with that.   ;D  But now I need something to dig the rocks out with. I have just about got all the rocks I can dig out with a 40hp tractor.

I've been to Ray's place (last year when I delivered the GRITS) and can vouch for the fact that the man has rocks and large boulders.  He has some that I think could challenge a 50 ton dozer with an excellent operator at the controls.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

I always get the impression that if Ray got rid of all of his rocks that he would be left with only have a hole.  Them rocks are holding up what dirt that he has.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

North River Energy

Nice purchase.  Bought a similar H30B about 6 months ago and have been very happy with it so far.
Came with a fresh set of factory parts and service manuals.  8)

Dave Shepard

How do you get in it? Duke,s of Hazzard through the window? :D

That's a real Payloader, an IH brand name. Does it have a D282 engine?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sandhills

Dave the bottom half swings out but does make getting out kind of a pain, seems to be right in the way.  I'm not sure about the engine, just know it's a 6 cylinder gas IH, really didn't have time to do much research with this before the sale but I don't think we screwed up  ???.  My landlord owned it a few years ago then sold it to a close neighbor, I like knowing the history just got it to the farm last night so I'll play around this weekend and figure out the particulars.
North River Energy, I'll be looking for those manuals, I really think it will be a handy little rig  :)

fishpharmer

Nice score Sandhills, looks handier than a shirt pocket (old saying). 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

North River Energy

Dave,
It's probably a g262?

Sandhills, get in touch if you need any data from the books.
When you get a chance, maybe a photo of the valving for the grapple?

Delawhere Jack

That's a TALL BOY! Hey, when you sit in the cab, can you see the Rockies?  :)

sandhills

Quote from: North River Energy on April 18, 2015, 03:58:45 PM
Dave,
It's probably a g262?

Sandhills, get in touch if you need any data from the books.
When you get a chance, maybe a photo of the valving for the grapple?
Thank you, I'll try to get a few pictures in the morning, I feel stupid because I never really looked all this over before we bought it, last minute type of decision I guess.  All I really got done was checking all the fluids, saw it had been switched to electronic ignition so no points, and watched the previous owner load it to get hauled to the sale.
Delawhere Jack, not quite close enough for that  ;), it does have decent reach for it's size though.

Corley5

Good looking old machine  8) 8) 8)  I've often that such a tool would be handy around the farm :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sandhills

North River Energy, I'm not much of a photographer but here are a few pics, I'll try to explain as best I can.

Ok in first pic, the bottom lever runs the up/down of the loader, top lever tilts the bucket forward for down/back for tilting back (bear with me I'm sure yours are the same) but move top lever to left to open the grab forks and right to close them.
Second pic is looking directly down on the valve over top of the top lever, linkage to the far left on valve bank controls the grapple, center linkage controls tilt of the bucket, and hard to see (greasy) linkage to the right and slightly below works from the bottom lever to raise/lower the loader.
Really not sure why I put the third pic in, but hope this helps some, if you need more let me know.

North River Energy

Nice.  Looks like a factory third valve.  I'd like to do a similar one-lever conversion on my two valve setup.

If the detent on the boom lift is weak, you want to be careful while carrying/holding a load, as the weight/length of that lever can easily pop the valve out of position if you hit a 'bump in the road'.

Thanks for the effort. 

Thank You Sponsors!