iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need Electric Start for Jonsered

Started by VK540_1, April 27, 2004, 10:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VK540_1

I bought a used Jonsered 2077 Turbo. When starting the recoil kicks back sometimes and near pulls your hand off. Is this normal for this saw? is there a decompresion valve on this saw? would it be the problem? Saw cuts good when running  but nobody wants to start it.

jimc

Dennis

Just Log It.

Tom

Minnesota_boy

Tom,
When saw engines had a set of points for ignition and a flywheel key partially sheared, the saw wouldn't fire because the timing between the point opening and the magneto coil was so critical.  Now we have electronic ignition and the ignition is keyed to the position of the magnets in the flywheel instead of the position of the crankshaft, and these will always fire no matter where the piston is, causing a bad case of pre-ignition and subsequently giving your cranking had a real hard jerk when it fires with the piston before top dead center.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

VK540_1

Thanks for the replies I will check the key this weekend. :)

Mark M

oldsaw-addict

that saw woulda been in my shop and torn apart a while ago if it was doin that to me. the only thing that I have to say about sheared flywheel keys is this: ME NO LIKE. Lucky for you the flywheel key is a part that CAN be replaced, its probably not too expensive, I'd imagine far less so than a new saw, so just take a trip to your dealer and ask for a new one. I'd doubt they're hard to install.

good thing we're all a group of saw addicts and dont charge money for our diagnosis for sick saws. :D

I hope you get that thing fixed and going again real quick.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Mark M

I think they are about 79 cents! 8)

Thank You Sponsors!