iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help drawing timber frame

Started by Tyler.schmick, May 25, 2017, 11:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler.schmick

I would like to know if there is a engineer or architect that could look at my timber frame and make suggestions. Also, what is the going rate to have someone draw a truss design?
Thanks!

Ljohnsaw

Do you need to submit to the county?  IF so, you need an engineer licensed in your state.  I used Ben from Fire Tower Engineered Timber out of Rhode Island.  He is licensed for California and IIRC, Rhode Island and Massachusetts - maybe a few other states.  Cost depend on the work.  I maintained the drawings, Ben over saw the work (highest wage) with a junior engineer doing most of the work.  I spent a few thousand on getting the plans signed off.  Then the county wanted some changes/clarifications.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

VictorH

Hi Tyler!  Welcome to the forum.  What part of Nebraska are you in.  I'm in the Southeast corner.  Forum member Jim Rogers does design work.  He has designed 3 structures for me and has an engineer that must be licensed in NE.

Victor

Tyler.schmick

I am in McCook Nebraska!(southwest)... I don't need to submit anything because my county doesn't require, I just don't want to order timbers until I know my plan is right. I don't need anyone to oversee etc, just to look at the plan.
Thanks!
Tyler

1234wood

I need help with bents spaceing for sawmill building I need 16 ft opening for logs to come thru to mill I'm useing white pine 10x10 or 12x12 for bents  24x36 building timber raffters any one can help yes I read and understand and agree

Tsmall07

What software did you use for that design?

MbfVA

This thread is a couple months old, but I believe that drawing was done in sketchup, and it looks amazingly similar to a design I saw in the sketchup 3D warehouse.  If you were not familiar with it, sketchup is a great drawing program available for free use and also in a pro version, about $700.
www.ordinary.com (really)

Thank You Sponsors!